No announcement yet.

Swapping sausages - TDI conversion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resizing and trying to re-upload all the pics to the thread, hour and a half so far and only on page 8

Noted the intercooler has about an inch obscured by cross memeber - do you want me to make up some spacers to move it down?

Comment

• No thanks dude, that was deliberate to try and keep as much ground clearance as possible, it's why I made the cooler sit back away from the clip a bit, to not completely close off the upper rows
      Jebem ti nanu u trulu sisu

Comment

• Clock surround butchery...

Initially held with super glue, then Final Systems FL2006 (pu adhesive much like tiger seal) smoothed in
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Sausages View Post
          No thanks dude, that was deliberate to try and keep as much ground clearance as possible, it's why I made the cooler sit back away from the clip a bit, to not completely close off the upper rows
          You're a stanced up homo

FUNCTION >form

Binnacle dont look half bad - will it fit though? Same length as original?

Comment

• Yes on the homo and yes on the length

Comment

• Nice one - you love a bit of length.

Comment

• Love this thread fair play.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• Got an odd two wires and connector floating around the bay, a grey/red and a brown.

Also realised there's no wire for the coolant tank shortage sensor - but it's not the same wire or connector

Me and dave decided I could re-use the wires for the sensor.

Later it dawned on me the spare wire is for the underbonnet light so onto plan B.

We also decided to bleed the brakes - the first wheel cylinder had a snapped of bleed nipple, the second bleed nipplewas seized solid and had no hex left on it, the third was fine and bleed up ok, the last one had been chewed into a sort of mullered square shape and mole grips got that one moving.

So that's two rear cylinders and a 10x1.0 bleed nipple required davros.

Comment

• Will do Reginald

Comment

• Van wont start.......

Turns out some idiot left the ignition on when I asked him to unlock the steering lock whilst bleeding the brakes.

Old man Sausages popped round earlier, you were right; I am a miracle working wonder, he couldn't have had more praise for me! oh and a few swears. Legend.

You were also right about that wiper switch, went up in smoke earlier. Concerned that it may be the motor itself cooking the switch.

Was thinking, you get the various bits, spot me for a new bottle of gas and some wire and whilst the van is in the air I could do the rest of the exhaust...I've a metre of straight and half a bend if you wanted 2.5 throughout.

Oh, wired in the coolant shortage wire with a bit of help from your old man - doesn't seem to do anything though - wonder if it's even part of the seat clocks.
                      Last edited by regcheeseman; 10 July 2017, 11:47 PM.

Comment

• Coolio, will have to have a measure up of what I need. ok to drop out tomorrow night?

Comment

• Yep, bring that switch

Comment

• I love reading these updates, entertaining and informative 😉 is there a job you can't tackle Mr Cheeseman, unbelievable amount of work gone into that conversion 👍

Sell my T4 ? I'd rather stick wasps up my butt !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                              Old man Sausages popped round earlier, you were right; I am a miracle working wonder, he couldn't have had more praise for me! oh and a few swears. Legend.
                              I can't recall saying that? poor old man sausages is deluded

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Sausages View Post
                                I can't recall saying that? poor old man sausages is deluded
                                You said that's what he'd say - not that you'd say it.

Comment

Working...
                                X