Swapping sausages - TDI conversion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dave Sausages View Post
    Tonight I finally finished welding/grinding/spraying the front clip, will be delivering to you tomorrow Reg

Nice one - I could do with a hand sometime - few bits to fit that need two people plus bleeding brakes and clutch.

The ECU was supposed to arrive but when I got home there was nothing.

Tidied up a few bits on the engine, hose/loom routing, fitting the engine cover properly and fitted some more dash back in.

Then when I was in the kitchen, spotted something outside the back door - ecu and some spare bulbs.

Fitted the ECU, barely touched the key and boom! Straight up and running, nice smooth idle, good throttle response - quieter and smoother than my 2.5.

Turned the engine off, plugged the clocks in and fired her up again - right on the button. All the clocks work fine apart from the low coolant sensor - there's no plug in the bay for the header tank so I may have deleted that one. oops.

Pics? ony taken one

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170705_212507.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	261376

Tidy TDI.

Comment

• Once I've finished doing a couple hours work in Torry I can come over and give you a hand for as long as you need, also available sunday if you need me
      Jebem ti nanu u trulu sisu

Comment

• Looks good btw Reg me ol' bawbag

Comment

• Got tennis first thing, maybe take kids to cinema in the avvo.

Drop the clip over if your passing - feel free to turn the key if you want, dont run it too long though cos there's no coolant

Comment

• I doubt I can get to you before I start work, so will drop it on the way back through, will also drop off the i/c

I will be doing the bumper aperture tomorrow evening

Comment

• also need to get shot of that engine to get it out of your way, although not sure what to do with it

Comment

• Take it to SWM or just leave it a few units down with all their other crap.

Is the IC not fitted to the front clip then?

Comment

• I wasn't sure which way up you wanted it

Comment

• Dropped front clip over to Reg's today after work. He was avoiding me, but key was in the ignition so would have been rude not to start it up. started on the button and very smooth. Gotta say the install is looking very tidy, the previous pic doesn't really do it justice

Comment

• I never leave keys in a being worked on motor, never forget once had a Volvo 480 half way thro doing a cam belt and at lunch time the sales manager decided he wanted to use the ramp and came inquiring why the car on the ramp wouldnt start! Told him that once i'd had the head off and replaced the valves he'd bent it would be fine. You couldn't make it up.

Comment

• Whoops!

Comment

• I'll say. Our service manager could sell ice cubes in the artic so the punter got put off and I got lots of over time. Think the sales manager now delivers for the local Tescos and has done for twenty years.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                            I never leave keys in a being worked on motor, never forget once had a Volvo 480 half way thro doing a cam belt and at lunch time the sales manager decided he wanted to use the ramp and came inquiring why the car on the ramp wouldnt start! Told him that once i'd had the head off and replaced the valves he'd bent it would be fine. You couldn't make it up.
                            I'd already text the sausage and told him it was fine to fire up, but not run too long because no coolant.

Talking of coolant, I found an excuse to use my lathe

Name:	20170708_120104.jpg
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	261389

But why?

The top hose has the aux pump still fitted which is broke, has no wires and the pipework wont fit the AHU engine without loads of messing about so I cut it off

Name:	20170708_120126.jpg
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	261390

And then plugged the hole

Name:	20170708_173442.jpg
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	261391

I cold have rammed an old bolt of something in there but this is much tidier

Fitted the front clip and the hideous dame ednas

Name:	20170708_205721.jpg
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	261392

Oh and the front mount - winners have front mounts.

Comment

• That's coming on a treat now mate.

Comment

• Fucking love my dame ednas!

I've been busy tonight, butcherising and introducing the T4 and Seat clock binnacles to each other so the donor clocks fit my early dash. I'll get some pics together when I can be arsed...

Comment

Working...
                                X