• It's Reg's thread it would be ungentlemanly of me to say anything more
        Jebem ti nanu u trulu sisu

Comment

• Reg. Come on man. For f4cks sake.
          Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Sausages View Post
            Got a phone call from Reg earlier...
            He did, I was over the moon - had to tell someone....

Basically I fitted the loom back in

Fired up and an straight away

Revved properly and turned off on the key

To ensure it wasn't a fluke I did it again - exactly the same, spot on.

Phoned Dave.

Would it start again?

Would it bollocks, started and died, started and died.

Did it about ten times until it fired and ran properly - Dave heard it running, I have a witness.

Once he was off the phone - I tried again - it's not ran since

Finished off fitting the loom, and the lights loom, it's all looking good, nice and tidy.

Swapped the fifth gear cluster and filled the box with fresh oil.

My new battery windy gun was a godsend here.

Tonight I took the immo chip out of the ic and fitted it in my programmer - nothing.

Tried a new chip holder - still nothing.

Thinking I may have toasted the chip getting it out, I found a scrap polo ecu and stole a chip from that.

The polo chip read fine so I flashed it with a immo deleted bin file from the internerd and then soldered it back into the SEAT ecu.

Will try it first thing tomorrow.

Have got some pics but fotophucket is holding me to ransom for Ā£399 a year for hosting - bastards.

Comment

• You can upload pics straight to the forum

Comment

• The upshot of this was the flashed polo chip still didn't allow the ecu to operate, so Reg was looking at fitting a spare edc15 ecu he had kicking around, but would have meant pulling the loom and wiring the edc15 connectors into it (and remapping), which I'm sure would be a bloody ball ache. Reg has gone above and beyond the call of duty on this, so I vetoed that idea, as I found a brand new US spec bosch AHU ECU on ebay for 100 sovs. The US models don't have immo built in to them so it should be plug and play. After all the hassle the immo and ecu has caused, once it is fitted and running it won't be touched, no tuning up, nothing, I just want it to start and run reliably without any stress

Comment

• Sounds like it's so close to being ready[emoji106] it's been said before but cracking job being done.

Sent from my iPad using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Sausages View Post
                    The upshot of this was the flashed polo chip still didn't allow the ecu to operate, so Reg was looking at fitting a spare edc15 ecu he had kicking around, but would have meant pulling the loom and wiring the edc15 connectors into it (and remapping), which I'm sure would be a bloody ball ache. Reg has gone above and beyond the call of duty on this, so I vetoed that idea, as I found a brand new US spec bosch AHU ECU on ebay for 100 sovs. The US models don't have immo built in to them so it should be plug and play. After all the hassle the immo and ecu has caused, once it is fitted and running it won't be touched, no tuning up, nothing, I just want it to start and run reliably without any stress
                    Basically, he's getting pissed off with all my hapless dicking about and has gone for the sensible option. Fair enough.

There's still a plan though.....

Run it on the new (no immo) MSA15 ecu, I'll make an adaptor cable for the old ecu's connector and some EDC15 plugs - that way we'll have a plug and play EDC 15 option which we can trial at will until it's right then have an EDC15 conversion with the ability to remap via OBD port and not have to remove/fit chips as per the old style MSA15

Originally posted by shadowdriver View Post
                    Sounds like it's so close to being ready[emoji106] it's been said before but cracking job being done.
                    Cheers - Whilst I'm waiting for the ECU I can do some of the finishing jobs, coolant pipes and refitting bits

Have got something odd going on with the clocks - ignition on and the fuel gauge and temp gauge just sit 'ticking' against their 0 stops. Never seen that before - think the clocks may be faulty as well - unless theres an earth missing somewhere because the seat clocks are plugged into T4 wires and there was a issue with the temp gauge on the old engine.

Comment

• Sausage my love, what size are those intercooler outlets.

Are you going to want to fit a boost gauge?

Comment

• Ic has 2.5" outlets

Boost gauge would be a good idea if we tune it with your edc15 ecu I suppose?
                        Last edited by Dave Sausages; 3 July 2017, 08:11 AM.

Comment

• Something like this?

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mocal-Mechan...%257Ciid%253A4

Would prefer it mounted into the dash somewhere discrete but I don't think there will be any space, so will have to go on top of the dash, may be a bit chavy but that suits my style I suppose
                          Last edited by Dave Sausages; 3 July 2017, 08:49 AM.

Comment

• That's a tidy looking unit, bit expensive.

You can get something tacky and lit up with leds for a tenner - then dash mount it.

Comment

• Stick it in that shitty cubby hole bit on the left side of the steering column

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                                Stick it in that shitty cubby hole bit on the left side of the steering column

You mean the cigar holder?

Comment

Working...
                                X