No announcement yet.

The San Fran Van

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a fairly nice day up here today so cracked on with washing my cab carpet with a Rug doctor then dying it black. Just finished the first coat. Piece of piss to apply. Sqooshy bottle and a sponge. Used about 1 litre.

Sent from Neils wheels using Just T4s

Attached Files

Comment

• That's looking good Neil.

Comment

• Thanks Activ, I'm really happy how its came out. Its taken about an hour to be touch dry. I've given it a 2nd coat. Each coat its meant to get darker. it takes 72 hours to air dry. The manufacturers website says to seal it on with a heat gun or hairdryer at around 150 170 degrees

Attached Files

Comment

• Michelle’s rug next ...........

well you are the Rug doctor Neil

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
            Michelle’s rug next ...........

well you are the Rug doctor Neil
            More hair on a mouse mate

Comment

• Originally posted by fifet4 View Post
              More hair on a mouse mate

Ahhhh, I do like an eggshell finish myself.
              Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Looks fab! I’ll def be doing this on my carpet if it cleans up well enough. Great work again Neil

Comment

• Cheers Steve.
                  I brought it inside late last night just incase there was any morning dew. Its dried out to the touch apart from the bits id laggered the dye on. Back out in the sun now. I was a bit worried the carpet would become "crusty," but its fine. I think with a good hoovering it'll be like it never happened.

Comment

• Back at the van today. I decided to concentrate on the outside. Todays job was to bolt on the weld on wings. Only managed to get 1 side done as I got hijacked for half the day to weld Big Kevs Ford Ranger. It needed about a 2ft long patch on the chassis leg. Apparently its a prone spot on the rangers?
                    Hardest bit about bolting on the wings was getting the door pillar bracket sitting right as it determines how the top ot the wing sits. I got it where I was happy with it. Had to weld captive nuts behind for a fixing. Because its a weld on wing it took a bit of tweaking here and there to get the wing sitting how I was happy with it. I think I've got the lines of the van lined up ok. Back again tomorrow to get on with the other side.

Attached Files

Comment

• When I was lining up the wings I tried fitting the 1 piece grill panel to make sure it was all sitting OK. But I couldn't get the panel to fit. Mine was previously the 3 piece grill panels. The radiator hanging brackets seem to foul it. I seem to think I remember Hans saying part of these need to be cut off. Do I remember correctly?

Attached Files
                      Last edited by fifet4; 28 May 2023, 09:42 AM.

Comment

• Anyone? Going back to the van shortly

Comment

• Hans has saved the day via WhatsApp. Good man

Comment

• Have you still got the old front parts Neil?
                            There was some focus a few years back where some on here preferred the original square edged bumper and look?

If you do remove the tabs, can you mount and securely fix the newer front grill?

Never done it or seen it, so cannot advise either way bud.

Comment

• I plan to fit a square edge bumper cos that's what I've got lol. From a 94. But I want the 1 piece grill to. Ill do whatever I need to to make it work in. I do have all the old parts. Didn't get a chance to get to it in the end today. I need to get the wing on first and couldn't get the drivers door open to get it off. Typical the 1 day when no-ones on the farm I need a push. Tried myself but only shifted it an inch. Didn't help my already dodgy back. So decided to sand back the scabby crash bar? And give it a coat of paint. Totally unnecessary but looks way better. Really annoys me that they're all rusty and noine ever does anything about it. Maybe start a new trend.

Attached Files

Comment

• Jenna has early square bumpers and a one piece grill. I’ll ask her about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                                #vanlife

Comment

Working...
                                X