The San Fran Van

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fifet4 View Post
    Did a little today. Pressure washed the dashboard. Big Kevs Pressure washer is pretty pants though and didn't shift much. I tried some jcb dash cleaner stuff i found in Big Kevs cupboard but it was crap aswell. I tried some fairy after that and it worked better than the jcb stuff but there's still ingrained stains and dirt. Looks like coffee. Boak
    So I've brought it home to put in the bath. With the showers hot water and an array of cleaning products under the sink I'm hoping it'll clean up better. Pity Barry Scott's not still around for tips.

Sent from Neils wheels using Just T4s
    I actually who have a friend who knows Barry Scott......yes it's true I have a friend

Comment

• That is a claim to fame Ben!

I've been up at the van. The household cleaners I used on the dash have taken a lot of the original colour out of it so just aswell i intend to dye it. Dye ordered literally 5 mins ago! I've tried to fix the fag lighter burn. I rubbed it back with some p600 grit wet and dry. Carefully, but I still felt I had to go a tad too far. So I got some plastic putty stuff kev uses for his train layout and used that as a filler. Hopefully it dyes OK with the dash.

On the exterior I've got lots of bits to tidy up and get filler etc on. Started on the drivers step today. More just to do something while I'm waiting on some ££ to buy bits. 1 coat of bridging filler and 2 coats of cataloy. I'm just using a rough 60 grit sanding pad. I know i need to buy more and go through all the grades to get a good finish but that's fine to get the rough shape for now. Then a quick prime and 2 coats of paint to keep moisture out for now. I also need to buy a fine finish cataloy to avoid blemishes. All that's in my basket ready to go.. but at least I've done something on the list.

Attached Files
      Last edited by fifet4; 17 April 2023, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

• Yeah! Keep this coming.
          Going to be the best van on here soon.
          Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
            Yeah! Keep this coming.
            Going to be the best van on here soon.
            Haha far from it. We all know who's is best!
            I do plan on getting as much done as possible in the light nights. I'm really looking forward to getting the dash dyed and back in.

Comment

I've tried to fix the fag lighter burn. I rubbed it back with some p600 grit wet and dry. Carefully, but I still felt I had to go a tad too far. So I got some plastic putty stuff kev uses for his train layout and used that as a filler.
              That's what I would do, and you can always put a S Club 7 sticker over the top, for a Win-Win

Click image for larger version  Name:	SClub7.jpg Views:	0 Size:	65.0 KB ID:	354091
              Looking good Neil

Comment

• Haha Jim, if the plastic filler fails i may well end up covering it with some kind of something. I can pretty much guarantee it won't be a s club 7 one anyway lol.

Today I've cut battons for the ply floor to screw into. 20mm in the low spot of the floors undulations. 13mm on the high side. Giving me 13mm to play with insulation wise.
                I've tried to get all foncy with the battons on the edge of the steps. Cos I'm my head this might be seen.

I've had to stop working for now while I wait on the farmer shifting cows between fields.

I'll probably spend the rest of the day staining the battons.

Attached Files

Comment

Haha Jim, if the plastic filler fails i may well end up covering it with some kind of something. I can pretty much guarantee it won't be a s club 7 one anyway lol.
                  There's always Steps, or even BCR's Tartan Revolution?

Looking good Neil

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim24 View Post

There's always Steps, or even BCR's Tartan Revolution?

Looking good Neil
                    Had to Google bcr's. They're a bit before my time Jim. Was one of them not felt up by their manager?

Comment

• Fife. Who's has got the best van then. It will have to be s club 6 now

Comment

• I remember there was a vote during covid. I'm pretty sure Rossb's van got most

Comment

• BCR were excellent for styling cues:

Click image for larger version  Name:	BayCityRollers1976.jpg Views:	0 Size:	89.3 KB ID:	354133
                          The essential component is to ensure that your flares stop well above above your ankles
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	smiley-face-thumbs-up-14491322.jpg Views:	0 Size:	53.9 KB ID:	354134
                          Last edited by Jim24; 20 April 2023, 12:05 PM.

Comment

• The wurths came yesterday. Application method is a bit lacking. Its says on the packet to soak the applicator sponge, scrup with rough side, rinse sponge, then apply dye to sponge and apply.

So basically what I take from that is the sponge has to be damp while applying?

Last edited by fifet4; 21 April 2023, 09:19 AM.

Comment

The wurths came yesterday. Application method is a bit lacking. Its says on the packet to soak the applicator sponge, scrup with rough side, rinse sponge, then apply dye to sponge and apply.

So basically what I take from that is the sponge has to be damp while applying?

I’ve always used it dry as per your WhatsApp.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                              #vanlife

Comment

• The sponge will last longer damp/wet and the moisture will aid getting an even surface finish and depth.

Comment

Working...
                                X