The San Fran Van

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
    I’ve seen carpet dye in aerosol been used before and the results have been good
    The autoglym stuff gets good reviews but its not cheap per tin. I'd imagine it'd need a fair few tins tae!

Sent from Neils wheels using Just T4s

Comment

• You are a gentleman Steve. I will at least cover p&p.

Comment

• No need honestly. You sent me that gas regulator which spurred me on to do some welding. I’ve already learnt so much on here from yourself and others so it’s the least I can do

Comment

• How can I argue? Lol. Ill WhatsApp my address when you are ready to send. Really no rush. I've plenty jobs for now

Comment

• Did a little today. Pressure washed the dashboard. Big Kevs Pressure washer is pretty pants though and didn't shift much. I tried some jcb dash cleaner stuff i found in Big Kevs cupboard but it was crap aswell. I tried some fairy after that and it worked better than the jcb stuff but there's still ingrained stains and dirt. Looks like coffee. Boak
            So I've brought it home to put in the bath. With the showers hot water and an array of cleaning products under the sink I'm hoping it'll clean up better. Pity Barry Scott's not still around for tips.

Attached Files

Comment

• If all else fails, you could always use the fab' Wurth Bumper Dye?

It's available in Grey, though I have no experience of using such, as well as the Black (which I have, on my front bumper).

The blurb describes it as being suitable for internal plastics - anyone tried it?

I bet Barry Manifold uses it

Comment

• I've found out tonight that a t4 dashboard will just fit in a standard size bath!
                I'm using a general surface cleaner. It seems to be doing the trick.
                Wurths was always the plan Jim! Black. I'm wanting to get it nice and clean first though.

Attached Files

Comment

• If my bumper is anything to go by, which was very patchy with sun fade and ingrained stains, it came up beautifully with the Wurth black after just a quick degrease and scrub in warm soapy water. Astonishingly so.

Comment

• I've got it as clean as its gonna get Jim. I've looked online at a few "before and afters" with the wurths and it looks good stuff. So it should be at pretty much twice the price of rivals.

Comment

• £42 inc delivery is the cheapest I can find it

Comment

• It's great quality but outrageously priced - but then again, how much would a crisp looking second hand dash cost?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim24 View Post
                          If all else fails, you could always use the fab' Wurth Bumper Dye?

It's available in Grey, though I have no experience of using such, as well as the Black (which I have, on my front bumper).

The blurb describes it as being suitable for internal plastics - anyone tried it?

I bet Barry Manifold uses it
                          Yep, did it myself: Black Wurth on the dash. Did one coat a few years ago and it’s stood up to UV, tape measures thrown at it and various copies of the sun sat on it and it still looks great to this day. I never got round to doing the door cards.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                          #vanlife

Comment

• Was the 1 tube enough for 2 coats do you think Tommy?

Comment

• Originally posted by fifet4 View Post
                              Was the 1 tube enough for 2 coats do you think Tommy?

I did 2 coats in the bumpers and a coat on the dash and still had enough left in the tube to do bumpers on the T5 and there’s still a tad left.

It goes surprisingly far so don’t let the small tube and high price tag put you off as it’s cheaper in the long run than any alternative i know of.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                              #vanlife

Comment

• Braw! Good to know. Cheers Tommy

Comment

Working...
                                X