The San Fran Van

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
    I totally disagree, gallons of paint in the inner wings then as many gaps as possible to let the water out, drain tubes only take a fraction of the moisture away, total waste of effort in my book.
    I can't leave that unchallenged Si!

I can assure you that all my water is going down the drain pipes, and it's not a hunch, but proven to my satisfaction.

Like you, I also have (compost-free) gaps in the bottom of the wings to allow any water to drain out should it somehow get in there.

As we all know, these gaps below the wings will get blocked up with debris over time, and then the water will partially drain via the OEM holes into the wheel-arch bodywork. The Denso mod prevents the debris getting in there in the first place.

Comment

• Nothing will change my veiw that its a complete waste of time.

Comment

• Surely the quality of existing panels and bodywork, its preparation and application will show up in the long term results for all to admire and replicate?

Doing something over nothing will no doubt prove itself better, to reduce and elongate the panel and bodywork life?

Just do something!

Comment

• My front wings on the inner will be primerd red oxide painted and then stone guard/raptor paint and taken off min 2 times a year to be cleaned out aswell prevention is cheaper than the cure

Sent from my SM-G781B using Just T4s

Comment

• Rain stopped play again today. I got the drivers side tub undersealed though. And some masking off done for paint prep.

Sent from Neils wheels using Just T4s

Comment

Nothing will change my veiw that its a complete waste of time.
              I'll whisper "Wurth Bumper Dye", as that also leaves our hands in a state, and leave it at that Si

Comment

• I was wrong about wurth bumper dye and happy to admit it. But having had a fair few fronts off these vans I know on this subject I'm dead right.
                Last edited by S49; 29 March 2023, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• Mind I'm thinking it's time to find a platform that's actually does stuff, won't be long till I sign off this forum for good I spect.

Comment

I was wrong about wurth bumper dye and happy to admit it. But having had a fair few fronts off these vans I know on this subject I'm dead right.
                    Iā€™m with you to be fair, youā€™ll never stop the water getting so giving it every chance to get out is the only way.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                    #vanlife

Comment

Mind I'm thinking it's time to find a platform that's actually does stuff, won't be long till I sign off this forum for good I spect.
                      Iā€™m also with you on this! Mind you if you think this is bad, which it absolutely is, then just trying finding something interesting in a T5 forum! Non of those wankers have done fuck all worth talking about, but they do, and theyā€™re so thrilled with themselves itā€™s like a toddler gleefully showing you the finger painting theyā€™ve done in that they really love it but itā€™s utter shit and it ainā€™t going on the fridgeā€¦.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                      #vanlife

Comment

Mind I'm thinking it's time to find a platform that's actually does stuff, won't be long till I sign off this forum for good I spect.
                        It's dying a death here now. Such a shame but nothing lasts for ever.
                        Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

• Guys. You can't be saying things like this what will the rest of us do

Comment

• Originally posted by huskyman View Post
                            Guys. You can't be saying things like this what will the rest of us do
                            Remember the kids show in the 70s, Why Don't You Turn Off Your TV(or computer) And Do Something Less Boring Instead.

Comment

• To be honest I don't spect I'll be going anywhere, it's too ingrained now. Just trying to give advice but if folk won't listen that's no reason to stop giving it I spect. I've seen so many vehicles rust away for the want of letting moisture out. Drain tubes won't stop it but leaving the arch and other areas un seam sealed will let it out. Boats are supposed to to water tight but sink if the bilge pump packs up. Take the drain type approach and you'd be lucky to sail over the horizon before you'd need ya rubber dingy.

Comment

Remember the kids show in the 70s, Why Don't You Turn Off Your TV(or computer) And Do Something Less Boring Instead.
                                Well I for one love the IT side of vehicle maintenance and enjoy what the forum has to offer. I'm just naturally positive and inquisative about everything in life.

IF people want more content, often problems or issues that need solving , then let's look for it? Post a life line every now and again on FB or Instagram? What's the solution if you're all so uninterested?

Comment

Working...
                                X