No announcement yet.

The San Fran Van

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home early and panels have been delivered so heading up to the farm to work on the van

Sent from my Nokia 2.4 using Just T4s

Comment

• Got a little more done today. I'm choking to get on with the front but decided to play catch up and get a few wee jobs I've been meaning to do done. First up was my wee patch on the tub. It had actually taken a wee while to fabricate with it having a slight curve to it. and cleaned up you'd hardly notice the repair so happy with that. Getting that done let me get the back tub blootered in underseal. I'm using stuff Fruitbat recommended. Seems good stuff but boy the fumes are potent! If I wasn't high to begin with I was after that! I'm gonna give the tub about 3 coats so it's nice and thick in there. Working my way along and b pillar is next usual rust you'd by now expected from my van. Got it all cut out. cleaned the rest up. It actually looked worse than it was. I cleaned up inside with the finger sander but only had to go so far because the paint below the dirty wax was still good. The wax just looks manky. Scraped with the finger then spend a wee while fabricating a patch to suit. I've still to weld it in.
      Or looks like I fabricated the patch then cleaned the inside up. Did I mention the fumes from the tub...then I cut out more rot in anticipation of doing the inner sill. You can see how much overlap a previous repair had. Michelle was with me today and she set about scrubbing at the roof with wire wool and sticky stuff remover from Screwfix. It reeks pretty strongly tae. best bit of the day was watching her ass jiggle. I got a video haha I'm back at it again tomorrow. On my Todd though but looking forward to it.

Comment

• Many thanks for sharing, any more photos?
        Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
          Many thanks for sharing, any more photos?
          I've many many photos

Comment

• Therres a couple of Mol's ass on "Blindfaith", What next..............readers wifes.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
              Therres a couple of Mol's ass on "Blindfaith", What next..............readers wifes.
              Ok , she’s a cute thing ...

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• Hahahaha quality Fruitbat

Comment

Therres a couple of Mol's ass on "Blindfaith", What next..............readers wifes.
                  Readers rides.
                  Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Had a bit of a day of it today. First off Michelle slept in.. which made her crabbit as.. then she had the day off and decided to come with me instead....now I've to wait on her putting her face on. Why she needs to paint her puss just to get covered in steel wool and rust dust is beyond me... Still had Screwfix order to collect... Oh and she'll need fed before we begin... So didn't get to the van before half 12. Got the back tub 2nd coated in underseal. I'll do another few coats but used best part of a litre tin already so ordering more. That let me get the wheel on at least. Went to take the front wheel off and Jack the front up to get in about this bit Got the first wheel bolt out no problems.on to second. Pretty stiff. Put my shoulder into it. Snap goes my 1 and only socket that fit. Grrrrrr. Decided to weld in the back b pillar bit didn't bother cleaning the weld up because that won't be seen again so just hydrate 80'd the area. I'll zinc primer later.
                    Went on to clean the step up to see exactly what I was dealing with. Wasn't too bad considering. a few patches to do. Question, my inner step had been replaced with a bit flat steel plate. There should be a step down from the step to the inner sill rubber seal strip height. Any idea what size this is? I think it's about 40mm. Marked with red spot.
                    When I started cleaning the step up with the finger sander I thought it sounded a bit dodgy. By the time I finished the bearing on the tip was screwed. This is the second time this has happened to me. Exactly the same thing. I learnt my lesson after it happened the first time and registered the second one as they are silverline and have a lifetime guarantee. Let's hope they honour it. But that doesn't help me for getting on now. By now it's 5 pm so decided to pack up and hit the retail park. Managed to get a black and decker finger sander price marked £45 on the shelf but was only £35 at the till. At least if this one breaks I can just nip back to b&q and replace it. Went into Halfords and bought myself a ratchet set. Went for the advanced ½” Drive set. I went for this because I've heard some of you say they are pretty decent quality and have a lifetime guarantee. Used my discount card and was under £50 Tbh I didn't know what drive to get, the ¼, ⅜, ½. I just went for the ½ because it looked strongest. What's the difference?. Obviously drive size. But what's it matter? Remember I'm a mechanical novice.
                    I've hopefully got an old tool tray it should fit in.

Comment

• Decent set, it'll be fine.

The bigger the drive the more force you can apply but then you may be limited for space which is when the smaller stuff comes in handy.

I use my 1/2" stuff the most, then the 3/8", maybe go into the 1/4" set once a month.

I have a cheap little 1/4" T bar with a 6" extension - that lives on the shadow board with a 7, 8 and 10mm socket next to it - that probably gets the most use of all my tools - aside from BFO hammer Obvs

Oh and the missus had to put her slap on first thing incase you started taking more shots for the old pervs on the Just T4s forum.

erm......did you? ahem, asking for a friend.

Comment

• Yep, that'll be fine. Be careful once you start you wont stop buying. You'll need a box to keep them in, something red and rusty is best. Britool, Snap On, Proto,Kingdick..............................dont get anything this century.

Comment

Yep, that'll be fine. Be careful once you start you wont stop buying. You'll need a box to keep them in, something red and rusty is best. Britool, Snap On, Proto,Kingdick..............................dont get anything this century.
                          I've got a scabby old tool tray I'm hoping they'll fit in. If not I'll find something. I'd love a proper mechanics tool box/trolley but I've got to get stuff I can put in the car easily. Wouldn't mind building up a decent wee kit though

Last edited by fifet4; 23 June 2021, 10:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                            Decent set, it'll be fine.

The bigger the drive the more force you can apply but then you may be limited for space which is when the smaller stuff comes in handy.

I use my 1/2" stuff the most, then the 3/8", maybe go into the 1/4" set once a month.

I have a cheap little 1/4" T bar with a 6" extension - that lives on the shadow board with a 7, 8 and 10mm socket next to it - that probably gets the most use of all my tools - aside from BFO hammer Obvs

Oh and the missus had to put her slap on first thing incase you started taking more shots for the old pervs on the Just T4s forum.

erm......did you? ahem, asking for a friend.
                            Cheers for clearing that up for me. Sounds like I got the correct drive for most usage. There were big kits all the way up to £300 odd but that's overkill for all I need or will use. I've managed till now with a charity shop set and Kev's when there available so this is a big upgrade.
                            And na nae chance. If she'd caught me happy snapping today I think I'd be wearing my phone.
                            In fairness at least she helps nowadays.

Comment

• The day started off well. Got to the van for around 11. Got it jacked up and front wheel off. Discovered the jacking point has been plated over all 3 sides as it started to crumble slightly under a little load. I'll have to repair that. First job was to remove more factory underseal. Hate this. Which unveiled 3 large patches within the tub. this a patch that's over the drivers door step. It'll be getting cut out anyway. Next patch is on the very top of the tub, couldn't get a pic but have 1 of the floor of the van... so if they can patch over rot like that, then blooter it in horrible tarry waxy underseal stuff to hide it.... I'm not holding much hope for what lies beneath patch number 3. .
                              Then the heavens opened so sat in the van for a bit in the back
                              The rain still wasn't going off so said fk it get wet then go home. So drilled out a few more spot welds. by this time I was soaked so that's it for today. Forecast isn't great for tomorrow either.

Comment

• Hi. Fife. Hats of to ya. If that was my van It would have been scrapped a long time ago. It will be like brand new when your done.

Comment

Working...
                                X