No announcement yet.

The San Fran Van

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just been looking through this build thread, you had to deal with another of metal work, hats off to you for working through it

Comment

• Originally posted by Benf View Post
      Just been looking through this build thread, you had to deal with another of metal work, hats off to you for working through it
      Cheers Ben. Still hundreds of welding jobs to get through. Feel im making progress. Floor cut is next after I've finished sill. Floor cut has been soaking in citric acid for about a week now

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• I had to weld on new wings and sort out 2 patches, one on side at the rear and one on the tailgate and that was enough for me and I'm a qualified welder!

Comment

• I like the welding. Its a pity its so time consuming though.

Comment

• These any good to you mate?

I know you're not on Facebook but here's a link if you are interested.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1403...0052070176026/

Sent from my SM-G975F using Just T4s

Comment

• Thanks Barry. I'll get my mate kev to message

Comment

• Had a close 1 with a wire wheel on a grinder this morning. I was holding the piece i was grinding awkwardly as I couldn't get it sitting flat. Grinder jumped and wrapped itself round my jumper.

Comment

• Lucky! Very lucky.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• I know. Shat my pants

Comment

• Originally posted by Fife t4 View Post
                      I know. Shat my pants

Deserve all you get wearing Adidas.

Joking aside, very lucky Indeed. Glad you're OK. Bet your arse was twitching like a rabbits nose.
                      Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Haha cheers arfur

Comment

• Hahaha! I did something similar the other week but with a 1.6mm cutting disc. It jumped and hit my finger, went through lots of skin and half the nail. Felt like a bad burn for nearly a week. I often end up exfoliating myself with wire wheels too. Nearly always my legs. I’m may be doing it wrong...

Sent from a muppet
                          #vanlife

Comment

• Sounds a nippy 1 that takes an age to heal. I wear a full face covering with the wire wheel. You hear the loose wires pinging off and hitting it too often not to.

Comment

• Get yerself a cheapish flame retardent suit off Ebay? Gives a wee bit of extra protection. Need to be carefull with those wire wheels, especially with the motion when doing something shaped like a wheel itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• Na man, hate boiler suits etc. My movements feel restricted in them. Ive 100s of work clothes. All my good clobber just ends up work stuff eventually. Ive still got t shirts ive had since i was a teenager I wear for work. Welding jumpers look like I still smoke soapbar with all the hotrock burns. Im not much 1 for ppe at al tbh. Hate gloves unless essential. But maybe I should change my ways cos that was a close 1.

Comment

Working...
                                X