Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fife t4 new View Post
    also managed to get 1 back bumper mount off. This took quite some time
    ahha - that is what you were after, is it even a bumper mount? I have one....thought there only was one???

And yes that's hobbyweld, bottle is nearly visible in an earlier photo - weld looks good, 5% or 15% mix?

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

ahha - that is what you were after, is it even a bumper mount? I have one....thought there only was one???

And yes that's hobbyweld, bottle is nearly visible in an earlier photo - weld looks good, 5% or 15% mix?
      Yea that's what I messaged for mate. You get left and right 1s.
      Left
      Right

I need both. Rh is even worse condition. I'll buy the 1 you have if that's cool?
      Not sure on the mix, I'd have to check the bottle. I'm sure it's 5% off top of my head

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• Found an earlier pic. Is 5%. Don't tell me that's wrong??

Comment

• That's same mate. 5% argon. Let's hope

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

• I think it's fine. I'm sure the disposable bottles I was using were the same

Comment

• Originally posted by fife t4 new View Post
              I loose motivation quickly with the state it's in. But got a buzz for the t4 again. Deffo better than gasless. Also, I think I've done better welding since changing from the disposable bottles. Less splatter.

got a proper mig at work but getting to grips with the gasless - even done a couple of tidy looking seams but the process feels messy - with gas you get a feel for when its clean (not that I'm a welder by any stretch - I teach engineering kids how to at school and tell them to listen for the clean sound).

Comment

• I've never liked gasless.Some swear by it.

Comment

• Originally posted by mike_skinner View Post

got a proper mig at work but getting to grips with the gasless - even done a couple of tidy looking seams but the process feels messy - with gas you get a feel for when its clean (not that I'm a welder by any stretch - I teach engineering kids how to at school and tell them to listen for the clean sound).
                  My gasless attempts are a mess.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                    I've never liked gasless.Some swear by it.
                    I don't swear by it, it is messy but it has its uses, typically when you've run out of gas on a sunday afternoon or trying to weld some shit box up outside and it's windy.

Comment

• Or as me dads mate says when your across a field in the middle of nowhere. Don't you have to swap a wire over in them or something?

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                        Or as me dads mate says when your across a field in the middle of nowhere. Don't you have to swap a wire over in them or something?
                        You should change polarity but it seems to weld the same either way round, I have to change tips because I always weld with 0.6 wire normally

Comment

• Yep, that's what I use. Rep tried to sell me a wireless mig a few years ago, my rusty old thing only needed a new torch.
                          Last edited by S49; 7 May 2020, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• Fair play to you mate thats alot work your getting stuck into its going to be a soild van. Good work

Comment

• Originally posted by Daryl Cope View Post
                              Fair play to you mate thats alot work your getting stuck into its going to be a soild van. Good work
                              Thanks Daryl. Done a wee bit more today but got rained off. Just spitting but dodgy with the welder

Comment

• Got more done between yesterday and today. First I've had to fabricate this bit.

I've got a repair piece from Jon but its needed a bit work.
                                Cut out from van ready to go in

Then welded cleaned up and primed.
                                Now I'm at the stage I can fit my rear panel. I would have kept going tonight but I'd dragged Michelle along and she was bored. Crouching in kevs caravan

Comment

Working...
                                X