No announcement yet.

T4 with a T4 plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay so today has been spent working on the bed. I refined the slats a bit with another support in the middle of the bed to stop the moving slats from dropping.

Then to stop the bed from sliding around on the new, less grippy, laminate flooring I made these little brackets. Makes it easy to lift the bed out because I do remove it sometimes for more load space.

I had already cut the corner on the bed to slide it backwards towards the doors a bit more. So now I have cut the mattress to match. Need to get some covers made up for the two sections of the mattress now.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• It's coming on, keep pushing
      Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

• Ok so tonight I started building the battery box. 18mm MDF box with space for battery inside, split charge relay on the back as well as control panel and heater dial on the side facing the walkway to keep the lights facing away from prying eyes passing by. Made a bit more effort to be neater this time round.

All the cabinets including this box will be painted in this dark blue paint so I wanted to test it quickly. I will be rollering the paint on so it wonā€™t be as rough as the texture on this test piece that was applied with a brush.

Despite the cold, blue lighting in the garage I think the dark blue and the oak laminate look quite nice next to each other and will hopefully hide any grubby marks a bit better than the white did :eyeroll:

Comment

• Cabinetry continues with the framing of the side unit by the sliding door. I also built a lid for the battery box which will have a seat on top of it, should be a pleasant enough place to perch. Just waiting for some leather to cover it. Takes much longer to do things accurately but definitely worthwhile.

Comment

• Nice, i like that dark blue, u getting better and better

Sent from my SM-T810 using Just T4s

Comment

• Thank you Hans!

Today did some more framing and then two of the drawers.

Comment

• Looks well put together. Good work.

Comment

• Cheers Arf, be in estepona end July early August if you still fancy that beer

Cabinet doors on today including soft close... very premium!

Comment

• Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• Slimline bottom drawers for the wheel arch space. Should be alright for shelving bits and bobs.

Comment

• Looks alright that. It'll look nice in the blue with some matching motifs.

My 1st impressions of van cultured furniture is that its pointless and nothing that a 50p "bag for life" cannot do (well the Mrs seems to live out of them if we're on a short break!). However sites refusing your custom unless you have loo & shower has got me thinking a change may be needed.

Comment

• That's much better, neatly finished and square - well done!

Comment

• Thank you for your comments both, still pressing on. Test fit in the van with all the cabinets and drawers. Also will be using laminate for the worktops to match the floor, should look rather nice!

Comment

• Looks smart. Well done. Yeah I'm still up for that beer. Let me know when you arrive.

Comment

• A dark and gloomy photo of a late night dry test fit of all the new bits

Comment

Working...
                                X