No announcement yet.

T4 with a T4 plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As long as you leave the yellow one alone you should be fine.
    Is there a switch on the seat base for the heater?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
      As long as you leave the yellow one alone you should be fine.
      Is there a switch on the seat base for the heater?

No switch on the base. I don’t think the wires are for seatbelt sensor as the seatbelt anchor is only held in with a bolt, no wires or plugs for it to communicate back to the vehicle.

Sent from my iPad using Just T4s

Comment

• Ok, so with a 9v battery connect across the 2 wires and see if the seat gets warm.

Comment

• Popped over to my mates to get the base sorted. Was short on time so didn’t take any photos of the process but basically welded a plate on one edge and put holes in it for the runners.

Well pleased with them on the drive home. Definitely makes me want to take the bulkhead out however so I’ve been having a rethink about my layout, did a quick sketch:

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• They could be factory in that colour!

Comment

• Airbags have 2 wires normally but yellow is the normal colour. Wouldn't recommend putting a battery across anything until you are 100% sure. I removed the bags from my seats - that was twitchy bum time.

Typically the heated seat wires are heavier gauge wire, putting a 9v battery across wont do anything, heaters draw 5A+ you'll not notice any heat before the battery is dead.

Had a quick google - found this... https://www.alfaowner.com/threads/ai...nnector.82874/

yellow blue and brown in a single yellow connector are all airbag related = leave well alone if yours looks like this
              Last edited by regcheeseman; 22 June 2020, 10:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                Airbags have 2 wires normally but yellow is the normal colour. Wouldn't recommend putting a battery across anything until you are 100% sure. I removed the bags from my seats - that was twitchy bum time.

Typically the heated seat wires are heavier gauge wire, putting a 9v battery across wont do anything, heaters draw 5A+ you'll not notice any heat before the battery is dead.

Had a quick google - found this... https://www.alfaowner.com/threads/ai...nnector.82874/

yellow blue and brown in a single yellow connector are all airbag related = leave well alone if yours looks like this
                Thanks for that Reg, very helpful - slightly less wires than that bloke has but the connector looks v similar so i will leave well alone!

Comment

• So today the angle grinder came out and the bulkhead soon followed. Stripped down the massively overbuilt unit behind the seats in favour or a more slimline setup - I never really made use of the central section of the last one so it made sense to open the cab up a bit. Having the seat lower and further back has also made a massive difference to comfort levels and feels much more like driving a car.

Some more grinding and painting is required and then I can start working on the furnishings.

Comment

• I’ve also decided to rip out the vinyl flooring as it got a big rip in it today and add some laminate floor. Going to use a more traditional wood colour to warm it up a bit compared to the grey that’s in there currently.

Comment

• I imagine your glad it didn't cost a fortune. I have always said when it's your first van mock something up and try it to see what works for you.
                      It looks a lot more open now, keep the build thread going.
                      Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Originally posted by tenburner View Post
                        So today the angle grinder came out and the bulkhead soon followed. Stripped down the massively overbuilt unit behind the seats in favour or a more slimline setup

YAY! it was gash TBH.

Love the way these vans evolve as you realise what you need and how it would work better.

Comment

• As Arf says keep the updates coming mate.
                          Last edited by S49; 26 June 2020, 07:25 AM.

Comment

• Thanks all for your comments,

Finished getting the bulkhead out, grinding and covered any bare metal this morning. Then cracked on with the laminate flooring. Used the old vinyl flooring as ‘underlay’ for the laminate. Took a little bit of swearing for myself and my old man to work out how to clip it all together but actually got it on very quickly.

Comment

• Sent from my iPad using Just T4s

Comment

• Looks like solid wood floor that!

Luxurious. Haha.

Coming on nicely.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Just T4s

Comment

Working...
                                X