My 96 t4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by damont4 View Post
    Thanks mate glad I had ago now it's all done wasn't quite as scary as I thought it would be

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Just T4s
    Most folk can learn the skill's with the right research. Christ I was able to do it for 36 years so theres hope for most.

Comment

• Big problems I thought all was good then my noise came back and my belt is over to the left of the pulleys were as I set it bang in the middle

Comment

• I recorded the noise but can't figure out how to upload video

Comment

• Some do run off centre, did you break the tensioner mounting or was that someone else?

Comment

• Tensioner mounting??
            Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
            Some do run off centre, did you break the tensioner mounting or was that someone else?

Comment

• Just pulled apart and the timing is still good

Comment

• Where it keeps pulling over its causing it to rub the back of the aux pulley

Comment

• Right third time I'm getting quick at changing a timing belt haha
                  I started from scratch pulled it off I put my old tensioner which isn't actually old back on left all the other belts off fired it up no knocking and my belt now seems to be staying central on all pulley

Comment

• Any idea what I've fecked up the knock came back sounds like it was echoing out the air box so followed the noise and traced back to intake manifold

Comment

• Pump too far advanced, 'choke' on or partially on when timing or wandering about. Your locking pin didn't fill me with confidence - neither did the spanner locking the cam, but it wont be cam timing related. Did you get the right mark on the flywheel?

What parts have you changed?

The belt still tracking ok on the old tensioner?

Comment

• Yeah belt staying were it should now I sent the video to my brother in law (ex vw mechanic) and he said from the video sounds like diesel knock
                        Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                        Pump too far advanced, 'choke' on or partially on when timing or wandering about. Your locking pin didn't fill me with confidence - neither did the spanner locking the cam, but it wont be cam timing related. Did you get the right mark on the flywheel?

What parts have you changed?

The belt still tracking ok on the old tensioner?

Comment

• Phone videos are tricky to work with as the mics are rubbish - diesels always sound like knock. Which would be advanced timing amongst other things

Comment

• I think how it starts from cold and immediately smokes is a better indicator and guide personally.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• I’m sure I’ll get slated by the experts,but has the 1.9d got a crank pulley damper as my ajt had a nasty knock,wobble sound,changed that and the noise went.Just a suggestion..

Comment

• They have. Sounds like diesel knock, at bit of tinkering with the advance should put it right.

Comment

Working...
                                X