My 96 t4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by damont4 View Post
    , when it's off and I come to remove the pump am I keeping the drill bit stuck in there securely at all times
    No point. remove the locking pin

Comment

• Oh OK cool hopefully crack on with this next week
      Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

No point. remove the locking pin
      Sent from my JSN-L21 using Just T4s

Comment

• Currently sat feeling sorry for itself till my impact driver turns up so I can try and get that bottom pulley off

Comment

• And starting to think my to do list might take longer than expected

Comment

• I feel your pain. Found more rust today

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• Oh dear not good

Comment

• You'll end up using a cold chisel anyway...why delay the inevitable

Comment

• I suppose
                  You'll end up using a cold chisel anyway...why delay the inevitable

Comment

• I took ur advise and so far have managed to remove 2 out of the 4

Comment

• You can fashion a improvised impact driver - use and old T bar type socket handle, fit a socket on with the appropriate hex bit, add an extension piece if required to get into the pulley.

Apply some torque - not masses just enough to load the fastener, then belt the t-bar head with a hammer. You'll get a technique where you pull harder on the t bar handle at the instant you strike with the hammer. Don't be shy with the hammer, 3 or 4 good hits are normally enough.

Do not use this method on the power steering pump pulley, the pump shaft with punch a hole straight through the back of the power steering pump housing - don't ask how I know this.
                      Last edited by regcheeseman; 6 May 2020, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• Wahoo all done there out haha
                        You can fashion a improvised impact driver - use and old T bar type socket handle, fit a socket on with the appropriate hex bit, add an extension piece if required to get into the pulley.

Apply some torque - not masses just enough to load the fastener, then belt the t-bar head with a hammer. You'll get a technique where you pull harder on the t bar handle at the instant you strike with the hammer. Don't be shy with the hammer, 3 or 4 good hits are normally enough.

Do not use this method on the power steering pump pulley, the pump shaft with punch a hole straight through the back of the power steering pump housing - don't ask how I know this.

Comment

• Well done Daemon. Perseverance!

Comment

• Cheers mate had to stop for today neighbour just dropped off his rough running beetle to sort out haha

Comment

• Still, your a step further forward than yesterday. I'd love a beetle. Have you seen the guy on YouTube fitting a beetle body to a bmw z3?

Comment

• No that sounds wierd haha

Comment

Working...
                                X