Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WYATT....Project Covid the highs and lows.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks , and couldn't agree more, still hoping when the next London mayer gets in it gets thrown out, but I guess it's just another money making scheme and really has nothing to do with being greener, now they have moved onto people with log burners.

Sent from my SM-A326B using Just T4s

Comment

Yeh I heard about the log burner one it's not hit us up here yet I don't think iv got 2 of them ha ha

Sent from my SM-G781B using Just T4s

Comment

A log burner is my only source of heat when in France, and pretty much the same for all my neighbours too, as there is no gas supply. It's all oak forest thereabouts, and vast quantities of logs are burnt through the Winter.

I pay a local farmer, Mons Joubert, just under £50 for a stere (1 cubic metre) for split seasoned oak, cut to 50cm length, delivered, (plus a packet of Aldi UK Hob-nob look-alikes for his old Mum, who helps with loading the bucket on the Manitou).

Click image for larger version

Name:	log-pile.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	303.6 KB
ID:	360384

Now I love a whiff of wood smoke in the air, but I also know that the incidence rate for respiratory problems and lung and brain cancers locally is as high as it is in the nearest cities, which seems perverse? There are only a couple of hundred inhabitants in the Commune, and I personally know of three near neighbours currently with brain tumours.

We have been advised by the Mairie to keep stove doors closed at all times. Apparently the very high temperatures achieved in a stove changes the chemistry of the smoke particles.

https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/news/ind...es-study-finds

Click image for larger version

Name:	capstan.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	360385
        Its almost enough to justify getting the Capstan's Full Strength out...

Comment

It did cost me 100 pound a day with a n reg in the ulez , if parking in the zone no charge. U can drive all day in and out, "only" get charged once

Comment

Just like to say a big thank you to everyone on this site.
            It's with great sadness that I have to tell you Wyatt has now been sold, he went to a good home to a lady that was completely bonkers.

Comment

All the best for the future and your transport choices.

Comment

Looks like it might be already parked up alongside?

Comment

Yes, but I'd still rather have my t4, the t5 is just a van, hoping it will grow on me as I dort it out.

Comment

Sort it out

Comment

Working...
                    X