X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks.....

Just found these and I’ve not seen them before:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/401619002855

I’m thinking of the work van as it’s still too soft. Especially when you floor it and the front raises 67 inches and towbar routes a 3” groove into the tarmac......

I’ve seen the cheap set of MEYLE ones for about £90 before but these look more like the Sachs HD super touring.

I’m just not that keen on spending big dough on the work van on this so I don’t know whether to try these. However, I know that unless you’re smart, you buy cheap you buy twice.....

Any thoughts? Even better if someone has used them.

Sent from a muppet
    #vanlife

I don't know those ones but you can get the Sachs for not much more money.

Comment

Originally posted by Laz View Post
      I don't know those ones but you can get the Sachs for not much more money.
      I keep finding the Sachs HD super touring for about £280 for the set. I’m not willing to spend that on the work van.

Sent from a muppet
      #vanlife

Comment

That's steep. I was seeing them for under £200 last year.

Comment

That's steep. I was seeing them for under £200 last year.
          Was that for the Sachs HD or the HD Super Touring?

Sent from a muppet
          #vanlife

Comment

Part numbers for Sachs HD Super Touring:

Front: 105 819
            Rear: 105 820 (up to 1000kg payload, oil pressured)
            Rear: 170 786 (up to 1200kg payload, gas pressured)

Still researching.

Sent from a muppet
            Last edited by TommyP; 16 August 2020, 12:28 PM.
            #vanlife

Comment

https://www.veedubtransporters.co.uk...hocks-package/

This doesn’t seem too bad. The Vogtland shocks are gas filled and supposed to be 30% stiffer than standard.

I also need the rear springs for the camper so that package could nicely take care of both. They’re on sale here but I’d need to take a look around to see if the price is any good.

Sent from a muppet
              #vanlife

Comment

I can't remember the names but definitely 105819 & 820's. I've had a look through the computer and can't find where I would have seen them for that money, most links are dead. A lot of these bargain deals are from drop shipping sites that don't seem to last very long..

Comment

I can't remember the names but definitely 105819 & 820's. I've had a look through the computer and can't find where I would have seen them for that money, most links are dead. A lot of these bargain deals are from drop shipping sites that don't seem to last very long..
                  Agreed, most links I follow are dead too.

Sent from a muppet
                  #vanlife

Comment

Just by chance, a few months ago I found a set of springs on facebook marketplace. When messaging the seller it turned out to be the owner of Vee Dub Monkeys.

I messaged him today about the Meyle ones and some others I’ve found. His site has the Meyle ones but he says some customers have had issues with the thread on the rear shocks so he’s going to drop them.

He says that the Sachs HD Super Touring And Vogtlands are similar stiffness but the Sachs are better for vans lower than 70mm drop etc.

The Vogtlands are gas and the Sachs oil.
                    Last edited by TommyP; 16 August 2020, 02:21 PM.
                    #vanlife

Comment

I paid £46.94 ish each for the 105819 / 105820's on Amazon. Stick them in your basket and they start to fall in price. Expect a few bounces to tempt a buy but they do drop to sub £50 each. However patience is required TommyP!

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                        I paid £46.94 ish each for the 105819 / 105820's on Amazon. Stick them in your basket and they start to fall in price. Expect a few bounces to tempt a buy but they do drop to sub £50 each. However patience is required TommyP!

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s
                        Patience, great, I have loads of that.......not

Sent from a muppet
                        #vanlife

Comment

I am considering new shocks for ness, and my preference is Gaz, have used them for years on my scimitars as have my mates who sprint,hill climb, rally, road race,drift etc and all have been very happy, I have also had avo (crap!!!!) Spax (marginally less crap) koni (awesome but very hard to get for my fitment now and really expensive!!) Tempted by the sachs but I am a little bit brand loyal and an advocate of go with what you know.....

Sent from my SM-G981B using Just T4s

Comment

Ive got a full set of Sachs HD Super Touring due on Wednesday.......

Sent from a muppet
                            #vanlife

Comment

Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
                              I am considering new shocks for ness, and my preference is Gaz, have used them for years on my scimitars as have my mates who sprint,hill climb, rally, road race,drift etc and all have been very happy, I have also had avo (crap!!!!) Spax (marginally less crap) koni (awesome but very hard to get for my fitment now and really expensive!!) Tempted by the sachs but I am a little bit brand loyal and an advocate of go with what you know.....

Sent from my SM-G981B using Just T4s
                              There are so many terrible reviews of the GAZ ones for our vans but then again, a lot of this seems to be people going for them that really should have chosen a fit and forget option instead of not bothering to set them up properly and then moan. However, I’ve seen a few pics of them rusty after not much time too so I personally stayed well clear.

The Sachs HD Super Touring get rave reviews from everyone and I have got a set on the camper that are epic. Other issues need sorting but for handling on flat roads so I don’t notice my coil bound rears and 1mm front bump stop gap. It corners brilliant and is always composed. I’ll report back this coming weekend when I got them to the planet mass work nail of a van and we’ll see then.

Sent from a muppet
                              #vanlife

Comment

Working...
                              X