No announcement yet.

Going green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That arc rite paint is what my red oxide paint is that I use on all my bare metal repairs on the t2 and I love the stuff painted some stuff 6 years ago now in a damp garage and still as good as the day I done it

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Just T4s

Comment

Little bit of touching up here and there to do

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

Looking good

Comment

Originally posted by damont4 View Post
          Looking good

Cheers Damon, annoyingly I've a flat battery tried jump starting it, gonna have to call breakdown out!

Comment

I like that

Comment

Fantastic. Thanks for posting the pics up. Is it actually as good as it looks in the pics?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

Looks good that Ben, for the money a cracking result as well!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Just T4s

Comment

When are you getting your military star on the doors ;?

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                    Fantastic. Thanks for posting the pics up. Is it actually as good as it looks in the pics?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s
                    Thanks Rob it does need touching up here and there and on the bonnet you can see very slight roller marks but it cost £33 so can't expect it to be perfect can I? Still happy with it mind. Currently designing a roof rack in 3D cad, will post a pic up when I'm done

Comment

This is what I want to fabricate for my van, rough design at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by Benf View Post

Thanks Rob it does need touching up here and there and on the bonnet you can see very slight roller marks but it cost £33 so can't expect it to be perfect can I? Still happy with it mind. Currently designing a roof rack in 3D cad, will post a pic up when I'm done
                        What base coat (I know it was orange) did you apply this Arc-Rite paint too?
                        I'm on their site getting the tech specs and looking at their product range.
                        This Mil Paint should be applied directly to a clean metal surface as a primer and finish coat.
                        You then get the benefits of the zinc in the formula for rust prevention. PS : Not a criticism just looking at the specs!

Data Sheet: Arc-Rite Military Paint

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post

What base coat (I know it was orange) did you apply this Arc-Rite paint too?
                          I'm on their site getting the tech specs and looking at their product range.
                          This Mil Paint should be applied directly to a clean metal surface as a primer and finish coat.
                          You then get the benefits of the zinc in the formula for rust prevention. PS : Not a criticism just looking at the specs!

Data Sheet: Arc-Rite Military Paint
                          It was red oxide rob

Comment

Given me inspiration for the sand raider. Going to spray it I spect but its stuff like this that helps drive me on.

Comment

Working...
                            X