No announcement yet.

Rosy the Red wReck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the mk4 ALH engine came with a dual mass. Not sure how it compares to the ABL one and with only the modest target of 150 bhp it might be up to the job anyway. The camper doesn’t get thrashed senseless like the work van does so it could be an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
    #vanlife

Comment

• I've still got your 2.4d DMF if you want it back TP?

Have a word with the hydraulics biz doing your hoses?

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
        I've still got your 2.4d DMF if you want it back TP?

Have a word with the hydraulics biz doing your hoses?
        No it won’t fit the 4 pot crank.

#vanlife

Comment

• One for Si:

We’re in the Lake District this weekend:

Absolutely pissing it down most of the time but neither us or the kids care. Campsite is hilly as fook and a quagmire but it’s hilarious seeing people getting stuck in 4x4’s as we drive round them as I used to be heavy into off-roading so know the techniques, specifically: momentum.

This as as bad as we got after having to attempt a hill for a second time after a twat with a dog walked out in front of us:

#vanlife

Comment

• Have a good weekend, just about to open something similar.

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post
              One for Si:

We’re in the Lake District this weekend:

Absolutely pissing it down most of the time but neither us or the kids care. Campsite is hilly as fook and a quagmire but it’s hilarious seeing people getting stuck in 4x4’s as we drive round them as I used to be heavy into off-roading so know the techniques, specifically: momentum.

This as as bad as we got after having to attempt a hill for a second time after a twat with a dog walked out in front of us:

The Lakes. My old stomping ground. Beautiful place. Thanks for sharing.
              Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Enjoy Tom , I didn’t know you were away ..... what make is your awning ? Looks a good size .

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                  Have a good weekend, just about to open something similar.
                  It’s a Vango Galli. The pole version of the £1100 air beam bestseller that takes longer to put up, weighs 4kg more and costs £700 more. Air awnings, fucking morons.

#vanlife

Comment

• Ralph loves trips away*:

A few more:

There’s a festival thing on site that we didn’t know about with free music but it was that fucking dreadful 80’s ska madness style shit last night and tonight we’ve got what can only be described as gypsy wedding music:

Despite the music over the Hill on another part of the site it’s a decent site location. Just outside Sedbergh.

#vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                      Have a good weekend, just about to open something similar.
                      Top man. As always.

#vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post

The Lakes. My old stomping ground. Beautiful place. Thanks for sharing.
                        Never been before, only ever though of them as somewhere to drive past on the way to Scotland but it’s great here. Crazy hilly roads and beautiful scenery. Love it.

Went to Windermere today as the kids love a boat trip so we ticked that one off. Weather is wetter than your missus looking at Liam Hemsworth but me and my daughter braved it on the top of the open top boat long after everyone else had evacuated to the covered downstairs, she declared during the immense downpour: “daddy I love boat rides, this is so fun” as we were sheltering behind my backpack from the steel rods of rain hitting us, we were saturated but it was a beautiful moment we shared together. I’ll take it to the grave.

#vanlife

Comment

• Priceless, Have A cracking weekend Tommy.

Comment

• Morning in the lakes:

Spent most of it watching hipsters and old hippies floundering around in the mud trying to get out of the site. Jesus the 60’s weren’t kind to a lot of people here.

My highlight of the morning was a bearded skinny runt with John Lennon glasses taking the wrong line through the saturated bog that leads up the hill and out of the site at totally the wrong speed and sliding 50ft downhill towards a wall. Thankfully he stopped short but it took him 3 goes lol. He was in a Range Rover……

#vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post

“daddy I love boat rides, this is so fun” as we were sheltering behind my backpack from the steel rods of rain hitting us, we were saturated but it was a beautiful moment we shared together. I’ll take it to the grave.

Memories too treasure

Comment

• Ran around in the rain again today, first off was Aira Force waterfalls:

Then we headed back to Windermere via the Kirkstone Pass which was epic: There were loads of cyclists on the way up but thankfully, having an mTdi sees them covered in thick putrid black smog to demonstrate my displeasure with their existence.

Arrival at Windermere to hire a boat and go out on the lake:

Makes me want to get up to Scotland even more badly, new pup better toilet train quickly if it knows what’s good for it. We’ve spoken about getting up there at the end of October. It’ll probably be just us so we’ll wing it and wild camp or not book anything. We’ll just take the small awning too which takes about 2 minutes to put up and the same back down.

Got a fair bit planned for the van between now and then:

Rip out cab and insulate
                                Weld up holes in footsteps
                                Tweak for even more grunt and lose a bit of smoke, just fine tweaks as it’s still the same as the day we got it fired up after the mTdi conversion and fucked off to Cheddar Gorge.

Still over the moon with how the new engine and setup performs, massively worth the time and effort. Definitely a cracking upgrade and especially so when it’s fully loaded with all of us bombing around the Lake District and the roads it has to offer. Looking forward to dropping the 6 speed in it though, it’ll be sexual.

#vanlife

Comment

Working...
                                X