No announcement yet.

Rosy the Red wReck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really pops in the sun… looking good, especially for 900! I got a lesser job and paid far more.
    I know the A47 pretty well - a far greater percentage of the UK's knob head drivers seem to occupy that stretch from my experiences.

Comment

• Originally posted by No Sliders View Post
      Really pops in the sun… looking good, especially for 900! I got a lesser job and paid far more.
      I know the A47 pretty well - a far greater percentage of the UK's knob head drivers seem to occupy that stretch from my experiences.
      Which bit? I did the stretch from March back home to Leicester.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
      #vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post

Which bit? I did the stretch from March back home to Leicester.

Mostly the main section section between Norwich and Peterborough on and off over time.

Comment

• Originally posted by No Sliders View Post

Mostly the main section section between Norwich and Peterborough on and off over time.
          Ah I was on the section from Peterborough to Leicester. Nice road unless you’re stuck behind a wagon and have to wait an eternity until the crawlers lanes.

#vanlife

Comment

• The Touareg wheel centres arrived, such tiny little items but they finish the wheels off great:

#vanlife

Comment

• Just had a quick google and the tyres are run flats!!! No wonder the ride feels rougher than the work turd does and that’s on lower profile tyres! They stick to the road fairly well so I’ll leave them on for now and replace them next year.

EDIT: they’re not, sent the pic to my tyre fitter mate “trust me they’re not runflats, now stop pretending to know about tyres and stick to drinking tea on a building site” Ahhhh how reassuring.

Last edited by TommyP; 6 March 2021, 10:19 PM.
              #vanlife

Comment

• I got the arb bushes and links (kinda) sorted today:
                the near side bolt that holds the link and shocker to the bottom arm was fucked though: whoever did it last used a locknut and stripped the thread in the process. I’ve always wondered what’s the random hollow sounding clinking noise was lol like some fucker with a cow bell under the van. I’m hoping that’s the issue.

#vanlife

Comment

• Started fitting the sink: fuck all else, been busy pricing jobs up the rest of the time. Boring.

#vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post
                    EDIT: they’re not, sent the pic to my tyre fitter mate “trust me they’re not runflats, now stop pretending to know about tyres and stick to drinking tea on a building site” Ahhhh how reassuring.
                    Brilliant, even your mates think you're a jeb end.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

Brilliant, even your mates think you're a jeb end.
                      It’s very difficult to conceal. Impossible really.

#vanlife

Comment

• Done a bit the week and weekend. Anti roll bar stuff, not sure if I mentioned this before but the big bolt was shagged so got a new one from VW for peanuts. £6 with the nut iirc.

Plumbed the sink in, waste out the bottom and temporary 10L fresh underneath in the kitchen unit. It works great with surprising pressure.

Compressor fridge wired in. Now needs a new front panel as it’s smaller than the cutout I did in 2019 for it. Should just about give me enough space for a utensil drawer between the fridge and hob burners above. Bargain.

Got a plan for the next stages too, diesel heater, stereo and other random shite.

Just ordered:

Cheap DAB stereo
                        4” dash speakers
                        6x9 speakers for rear (2 more for mid to follow)
                        2kw Diesel heater kit
                        Front projector style fogs with the black surround to add the missing piece to the bumper.
                        150w rigid solar panel
                        135ah leisure battery for £85 with 4yr warranty.
                        Other associated shite for the diesel heater install

#vanlife

Comment

• I’ve ordered so much shit for this heap over the last few days it’s daft and it’s started arriving:

Solar panel:

The 2kw diesel heater that actually is a 2kw one. Much smaller than the 5kw in the work van. Ralph wasn’t impressed with it at all:

And the front fogs: The front of the van is lacking something and looks shit so I hope the extra bit of black and the little projector fogs should help it out quite nicely.

#vanlife

Comment

• Nice. What size solar panel did you go for?

Comment

• Originally posted by windydubber View Post
                              Nice. What size solar panel did you go for?

#vanlife

Comment

• Nice one. That should keep you topped up nicely. I’m just considering what to go for.

Comment

Working...
                                X