No announcement yet.

Rosy the Red wReck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Despite how it looks there’s only about 6 wires to get the PD running. Then another 3 to get the ECU talking to the cluster and in total about 20 to do it properly. I want the lot connected and when the pic was taken I’ve still got a lot to cut out. The Galaxy only has one enormous loom for the entire cars electrics so 75% or it needs cutting out and that’s just in the engine bay.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
    #vanlife

Comment

• Loving this TP, keep up the great work mate. Merry Xmas to the family.

Comment

• Great work Tommy, just two small points to raise

1. The indirect 1.9 is the greatest VW diesel ever.

2. More heat, less feed.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
          Great work Tommy, just two small points to raise

1. The indirect 1.9 is the greatest VW diesel ever.

2. More heat, less feed.
          I think the ABL is underrated but steady on there Regina.

I’ll stick an undertray on to catch the engine when it falls out…

#vanlife

Comment

• Think that is 1 thing I do want nxt year is a undertray

Sent from my SM-S911B using Just T4s

Comment

• Guys mine came without one. But I do have one from an early shortnose I broke. Not tried to fit it on long nose yet. Anyone know if they fit

Comment

• Under trays are interchangeable

Comment

• Nice one si.

Comment

• Originally posted by ARMSTRONG 1987 View Post
                    Think that is 1 thing I do want nxt year is a undertray

Sent from my SM-S911B using Just T4s
                    Important if you want to minimise the amount of water and road debris getting onto your electrics etc, as well as providing some additional soundproofing.

On the flip side they are heavy and a bit of a wrestle to get off, and in particular to refit when solo if you have no ramps, but it is doable - a question of honing your technique over time. Captive washers on the mounting bolts are a must in my book, (as are a few spare bolts in the toolbox).

If you are working on the ground, some method of raising the van is essential as there isn't much room to work underneath, so I've reversed much of the lowering done by the previous owner (and it should also restore your brake bias valve settings if these haven't been fiddled with!). I drive onto some wooden blocks at the front, otherwise dragging the under-tray from under the van is a struggle as there's so little room.

https://just-t4s.co.uk/forum/social-...-brake-balance

If you don't already have an under-tray to fit, I would consider fitting a plastic one because of the reduced weight, but it would need to be strongly constructed - there are some advertised on eBay (located in Eastern Europe) which claim to be sturdy.

If you are venturing further afield, do bear in mind that one-day you may need to remove your under-tray at the side of the road...

Comment

• Got a plastic 1 on mine,cost £45ish and fits a treat(bought from this country with all fittings)Really light and easy so work with on ya own.

Comment

• To say I’ve been stacked out doesn’t cover it but the 1.9PD is 98.3% done. I’d struggle to cover all of it but this shows the almost finished article: https://youtube.com/shorts/2bKVA3oQ1...ZYCsPYFYa9Q_GU

Got to finish tidying up the loom and a few minor electrical bits inside but it’s back on its wheels and built up. Everything works and in fact a bit too much works - I’ve got to code out a few bits in the cluster as it’s moaning about brake pads, airbag and something else I can’t remember.

Not got it out the garage yet as tuve got a van dead on the drive but I’ll shift it and get it on the road but I’ve got 6ft to play with and it drives forwards and backwards just fine.

My shifter needs a couple of bushes and I’m struggling to find any available as there’s a bit of play in the side to side movement so I need to tweak that really. It won’t get left as it is.

#vanlife

Comment

• The engine sounds sweet - well done Tommy

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim24 View Post
                            The engine sounds sweet - well done Tommy
                            I think it sounds rough as fuck in the video compared to in person actually.

I’m seriously chuffed with it

#vanlife

Comment

• Sounds smooth enough Tommy ..... mate it's a cracking success and upgrade.
                              Vantastic bud! PD 6 speed - bloody marvellous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                                Sounds smooth enough Tommy ..... mate it's a cracking success and upgrade.
                                Vantastic bud! PD 6 speed - bloody marvellous.
                                Yeah I’m properly chuffed with how it’s turned out with the exception of the shifter but I’ve already got a plan in motion for that and it’s useable as it is anyway.

She’s been dragged kicking and screaming into the noughties!

One of the next jobs is to get the T5’s 1.9PD hoofing out some grooming through the newly sourced 180bitdi 6 speed!

#vanlife

Comment

Working...
                                X