Project 888

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project 888

Picked up this little red number today. Going to be converting it, either to a two or four berth depending on time and funds.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4766.JPG
Views:	152
Size:	801.2 KB
ID:	296812

Name:	IMG_6243.JPG
Views:	138
Size:	770.5 KB
ID:	296813

Name:	IMG_5567.JPG
Views:	150
Size:	818.1 KB
ID:	296815
    Attached Files
    Last edited by druggedonions; 2 May 2020, 08:44 PM. Reason: inserting pictures is such a PITA

No pic mate?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by fife t4 new View Post
      No pic mate?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s
      Hopefully that's them now. Such a PITA to insert pics.

Comment

Nice looking vans mate

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Just T4s

Comment

That looks alright that. Welcome to club "barn doors". You know you can load the cargo bay with a fork lift if you have barn doors.

Comment

There are a few things I've got to sort before starting on the conversion.
            • Drivers window controls don't work, so got to check the loom and solenoid.
            • Drivers door drops, but I'll scavenge a pair of hinges off my donor van.
            • Bottom runner needs replacing, but the previous owner had one that was included.
            • Central locking doesn't work, will check the wiring but might be the drivers door loom.
            • Rear door has a different key. Might be swapping to a tailgate from the donor van. But will have to get it painted.
            • sliding door handle needs replaced.
            Last edited by druggedonions; 2 May 2020, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
              That looks alright that. Welcome to club "barn doors". You know you can load the cargo bay with a fork lift if you have barn doors.
              Ah yeah. Should they stay or should they go?
              From what I can find the 888s were tailgate from factory. So not sure what happened there. My wife wants me to leave it for a few days to decontaminate. So I'll have a closer look in a few days time.

Comment

Those doors could be rare having no wiper arm holes...............i'll get me coat.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
                  Those doors could be rare having no wiper arm holes...............i'll get me coat.
                  Was having a quick look on fleabay and didn't realise they went for more than tailgates.

Comment

Not a bad idea to let it sit for a few days, don't take any chances mate.

Comment

Hi. Guys. Have you got a towbar 4 sale from doner van. Si. I have a pair of white barn doors for sale

Good luck guys

Comment

No mate, the donor in the yard still has it but don't know when I can get up there.Am thinking of making them an offer for whats left. Thinking trailer, another pipe dream/unfinished project

Comment

Both nice vans mate.
                          Orange indicators in a long nose? Only seen them on eurovans, never on multivans

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Train spotter alert! Isn't it one and the same thing? Eurovan in USA Multivan this side of the pond?

Comment

Originally posted by huskyman View Post
                              Hi. Guys. Have you got a towbar 4 sale from doner van. Si. I have a pair of white barn doors for sale

Good luck guys
                              I’ve got a Alko tow bar of my donor. But it’d cost small fortune to get to Essex.

Comment

Working...
                              X