The van that hasn't ran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The van that hasn't ran

​ here's my t4 as I got it about 6 months ago in this state. It's moved along (a little) now but still basically the same.

Broken engine bits and repairs Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200326_154138.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	974.2 KB
ID:	296653Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200331_173119.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	644.8 KB
ID:	296654Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200326_154532.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	661.0 KB
ID:	296655Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200105_155805.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	666.4 KB
ID:	296656Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200105_155818.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	643.5 KB
ID:	296657Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200105_155818.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	643.5 KB
ID:	296659
    Attached Files

Comment

You'll get there in the end mate and have something nice to show for it.
      http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-uk/597794.png

Comment

Wow, don’t get me wrong I don’t work with these every day but I’ve never seen or heard of one going so bad. Pistons look nice and clean tho other than the valve stains. What do the bores look like?

Sent from a muppet
        #vanlife

Comment

Originally posted by TommyP View Post
          Wow, don’t get me wrong I don’t work with these every day but I’ve never seen or heard of one going so bad. Pistons look nice and clean tho other than the valve stains. What do the bores look like?

Sent from a muppet
          The bores look good, I was surprised when I took the rocker cover off, The bloke before me thought the Cambelt tensioner had died and skipped timing, when I saw the shattered cam I expected piston damage and was getting ready for a pd/1.8t swap, might still do it yet, not a lot of info on a pd swap so I'd have to do it my own way, done some different engine swaps over the years so wouldn't be too much aggro.

Comment

IT'S ALIVE!! Still needs some putting together but it finally runs, don't know how to upload a video but now I can start making it look nice.

Comment

that's brilliant mate, pleased for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamieb16v View Post
                IT'S ALIVE!! Still needs some putting together but it finally runs, don't know how to upload a video but now I can start making it look nice.
                Good going bud! Well done.

Comment

Well done,
                  Videos have to be through a 3rd party host like youtube....

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

Snap !!!, got same scenario on my 2.5, camshaft snapped into 4 sections, and if you look at the new crank gear when you get one , they really could of made something better and stronger. There's not much of a woodruff on a new gear.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by marcushamblin197 View Post
                      Snap !!!, got same scenario on my 2.5, camshaft snapped into 4 sections, and if you look at the new crank gear when you get one , they really could of made something better and stronger. There's not much of a woodruff on a new gear.

My new one doesn't have much of a keyway either, I expected more lol. At least mine proves that even the worst engines might not be so bad, although I've not used mine yet.

Comment

Use a new bolt bud, if you need the torque settings i can get them for you just message me your registration number.

Comment

Originally posted by marcushamblin197 View Post
                          Use a new bolt bud, if you need the torque settings i can get them for you just message me your registration number.

Cheers mate mines running now, ended up doing rebuilt head, all gaskets, head gasket and bolts, tensioner, the stud that holds the tensioner, oil and filter, the bottom pulley and the bolt, also water pump and alternator and power steering belts.

Comment

Working...
                          X