No announcement yet.

Operation Blind Faith, A Winter Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another 12 months on the ole bus. I've used up me stock of new banded and even splashed out on a new cat. I can't keep moaning on about folk getting vehicles "nodded" through the test and then do the same myself can I?

Comment

• Great news.
      Have you both got plans for the coming year with it IF S49 and the pick-up see the roads of the Shire shortly?

Comment

• Bed part two. All ready to go in. Got to get my ass in gear as I haven't been to the he coast in ages. Mind I'm in training for a fight tournament in Autumn so times been short. Id did promise her in doors I'd just train but you only live once.Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20230730_112543.jpg Views:	0 Size:	652.2 KB ID:	358336Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20230730_112508.jpg Views:	0 Size:	665.8 KB ID:	358337

Comment

• Looks great Si.
          How heavy is it all?

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
            Bed part two. All ready to go in. Got to get my ass in gear as I haven't been to the he coast in ages. Mind I'm in training for a fight tournament in Autumn so times been short. Id did promise her in doors I'd just train but you only live once.Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20230730_112543.jpg Views:	0 Size:	652.2 KB ID:	358336Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20230730_112508.jpg Views:	0 Size:	665.8 KB ID:	358337
            You should’ve been down the coast yesterday Si , there was a scooter rally on .

Comment

• I'm a bit like Weller, i've never had one. Thing is when we got the van and i wanted a project it was a toss up between a van and a Lambretta. I think i made the right choice to be honest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                Looks great Si.
                How heavy is it all?
                Thats what attracted us to it, yes its MDF but far lighter than ya normal R n R bed. Driving back from Ludlow after dropping it in this afternoon the van dont feel no different on the road and its 5 minutes to get out. And it could be swapped into S49 lf i fancy sleeping up the side of the house or in the back of the doka when i've built a body.

Comment

• And here it is in. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230730_155536.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	684.8 KB
ID:	358347Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230730_155649.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	715.1 KB
ID:	358348

Comment

• Guys. Si will use the forklift to load it in to van

Comment

• Is it actually big enough for two Si?

Comment

• Easy. I'm six foot and me feet don't stick out the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                          Easy. I'm six foot and me feet don't stick out the end.
                          So each furniture block is 3 foot plus square? Any details to pass on?

Comment

• That's about it. I miss read your post, yes I here's plenty of room for two. Firm in Keighley Yorkshire. They do all sorts but there's about a month lead time as they make to order. like I said it's typical motorhome, caravan fare.

Comment

• Keighley, that's where the the Timothy Taylor Brewery is located, and the home of TT's fine Landlord Ale.

Comment

• So its this business and product?

Camit Design
                                Unit
                                6 Steeton Grove
                                Keighley, Steeton
                                West Yorkshire
                                United Kingdom
                                BD20 6TT

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324334036...t_ver=artemis&

Sliding bed and stowage compartment in one. 1800mm long x 750mm stowed (1300mm extended) x 445mm seat height, 765mm overall height and 335mm wheel arch clearance across the full length of the unit.

Approximate weight: 74kg

The unit will be constructed using 15mm Moisture resistant MDF. This unit utilises a lift up lid to access the stowage compartment for ease of access and the slider can be locked in the closed position so the seat doesn't slide down into a bed during transit.

This flat pack campervan kit is ideal for self build van conversions and is supplied with all fixings and instructions required for self assembly. Our design includes furniture blocks and threaded plastic dowels embedded into the wood to ensure the joints are as strong as possible whilst still easy to put together.

The bed assembles as two parts which can be screwed together or left separate if you plan on lifting them in and out regularly.

This unit is made in 15mm moisture resistant MDF and is supplied with an unfinished surface ready to customise at home, e.g. with paint, vinyl, decoupage, spray paint etc. You can see many examples of how our customers have finished their units on our social media pages.

Our furniture is made from wood products. Colours and grains may vary from those shown in the photos. Moisture resistant MDF has a dye added to it during the MDF manufacturing process and can vary in colour from brown to green. BB grade birch ply has the knots removed and replaced with plugs which match the grain of the ply.

We make all our furniture at our workshop in West Yorkshire. Everything is made to order on a lead time which varies throughout the year.
                                Last edited by Activ8; 31 July 2023, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X