X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good news all round Si , the van is coming on a treat

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
      Had a good day today, cambelt on a V70, brakes on an Astra and serviced a Passat. Mollys had mixed fortunes with the out door spraying. Wings a bit rough arch and little sill under the filler neck came out well. Not the end of the world as she can always flat it and try again. And my little brother is home from hospital following his stroke. [ATTACH=CONFIG]10762[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10763[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10764[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10765[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10766[/ATTACH]
      Awesome news about your brother mate, [emoji1317]

And blue and orange....

I’m liking where this is going.....[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• Its strange how the red barn paint comes out orange on all the pictures.

Comment

• Glad to hear about your brother Si, van is coming along nicely too, happy days buddy [emoji106]

Sell my T4 !!! I'd rather stick wasps up my butt.

Comment

• Didn't want to highjack Marx's ECU thread. If we wanted to turbo our 2.0 litre petrol when its finished will the gti turbo parts bolt on or are better off doing an engine conversion?

Comment

Didn't want to highjack Marx's ECU thread. If we wanted to turbo our 2.0 litre petrol when its finished will the gti turbo parts bolt on or are better off doing an engine conversion?
              I'm sure the Golf 2L GTI hardware will work Si.

Comment

• This is really starting to peek my interest.....got to finish the rebuild first but i'm starting to think ahead.

Comment

Didn't want to highjack Marx's ECU thread. If we wanted to turbo our 2.0 litre petrol when its finished will the gti turbo parts bolt on or are better off doing an engine conversion?
                  That was an interesting topic. Def didn't feel hijacked mate all mate. The more the merrier imho.
                  I didn't want to admit my lack of knowledge around petrol engines,.funnily, Was supposed to look at a petrol t4 this weekend. Couldn't find the time.

Comment

• We got our petrol because Molly was worrying about diesels being priced off the road. Needless worry imho but now we have two one of the cars my go at some point. Haven't a clue how well it will go but just enjoying the build at the moment, and all done with used parts apart from the 3 sill panels which came in at under 50 quid.

Comment

We got our petrol because Molly was worrying about diesels being priced off the road. Needless worry imho but now we have two one of the cars my go at some point. Haven't a clue how well it will go but just enjoying the build at the moment, and all done with used parts apart from the 3 sill panels which came in at under 50 quid.
                      That's what it's all about. Constant maintenance after. Happy to hear its all coming together. Looks expert. Ive a vibration cones through the pedals and gear linkage to the top. Since having the head rebuild. Thought it might have been the vibration damper changed it and the crank seal. Still there. Hoping it isn't in the head. I worried about the diesel propoganda at the time. Id say it will be a nice wagon when its on its toes.

Comment

• At a guess could be the clutch.....?

Comment

At a guess could be the clutch.....?
                          I would say that too. Clutch and flywheel done 6 months ago. been like that since. It's there something with the dmf clutch etc that could be set up wrong S49. Sorry hope in not hijacking your thread. Maybe i should start one?

Comment

• Not sure but I remember one of the lads doing one on a Volvo at the agent I worked for in the 90's and after doing clutch and DMF it had allsorts of clutch judder problems. Replaced the lot again under warranty and then all was fine. That was a 2.3 petrol and I think one of the first Volvo,s with DMF. There was service bulletin not long after about taking the bolts up in a certain order a bit at a time.

Comment

Not sure but I remember one of the lads doing one on a Volvo at the agent I worked for in the 90's and after doing clutch and DMF it had allsorts of clutch judder problems. Replaced the lot again under warranty and then all was fine. That was a 2.3 petrol and I think one of the first Volvo,s with DMF. There was service bulletin not long after about taking the bolts up in a certain order a bit at a time.
                              Have to say, there's no juddering, or winey noises, no sloppiness, just as though a very large wasp was strapped to the gearstick, but not as bad as that really. Just something you know isn't 100%.
                              I'm thinking about a car to run as well. Just for the config thing. I spend alot of time in the bus. Stick 2 TT Seats in the other week. Have a drivers swivel to go onto drivers seat next. Drilling measuring bolting

Comment

• Nice one, got any pictures of the seat install?

Comment

Working...
                                X