No announcement yet.

Operation Blind Faith, A Winter Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice work Si , I’ve screwed my carpeted panels too the inside of the van ,ok it doesn’t look as good as the vans that have there panels fitted first and then carpeted , I was thinking of the long game and if I’d need to remove the panels I have the option too without having too rip the carpet off first .

I’m hoping I won’t have too weld my van anytime soon as it would be a complete ball ache to remove the flooring .

Comment

• I had to unpeel the carpet around the arch and about 3 feet up the panels. It'll reglue ok.Will peel up around floor edge on offside just to check for rust. There's a little bit I've found on the nearside cross member by the towbar/bumper bolts but not real bad. Wont be on the road this side of Easter I expect. Want the nearside all sorted so the slider can go back on then its weather proof if I have any no goers left over night workwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]10503[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10504[/ATTACH]
        That is absolutely sound work. As strong out not stronger than the original? Well done.. inspirational, Can't wait to start mine.

Comment

• Just take your time Marx and as Reg says cut back to sound metal. Even if you manage to weld to corroded metal it will rust back past it in no time. What I've found with this is there is plenty of good metal and you haven't got to go miles to find. Nothing worse than trying to rebuild 2 or 3 connecting panels that have rotted out. Think if your brave enough even a really well gone rough one at the right money would be worth a go if your willing to do yourself.

Comment

• Great job Si, that van will be well and truly solid by the time you're done, good to watch it coming back to life mate [emoji106]

Sell my T4 !!! I'd rather stick wasps up my butt.

Comment

• Cheers Aaron, getting there quicker than expected. There's a few scabs round the screen but know all about that via the white one so no demons there. The screens buggered anyway as the wing came up and shattered that corner. Its got me on the look out for cheap rotten ones now.

Comment

Cheers Aaron, getting there quicker than expected. There's a few scabs round the screen but know all about that via the white one so no demons there. The screens buggered anyway as the wing came up and shattered that corner. Its got me on the look out for cheap rotten ones now.
                Yea mate why not, get em in, work your magic and pass em on, I've still gotta do my windscreen rust, trying to find somewhere I can keep it inside is the only problem I've got.

Sell my T4 !!! I'd rather stick wasps up my butt.

Comment

• Just a little update. The 2.0 litre shares its heritage with the 1.9td, the dipsticks the same.Seam sealer to keep the damp out. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0868.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	265798Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0869.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	265799
                  Last edited by S49; 3 October 2018, 05:41 PM.

Comment

• Just ordered the clutch pedal bracket mod off Boat Yard Dubs. His is the cheapest and says its his invention. Got one on S49 and really beefs up the pedal box, no movement at all.

Comment

Just ordered the clutch pedal bracket mod off Boat Yard Dubs. His is the cheapest and says its his invention. Got one on S49 and really beefs up the pedal box, no movement at all.
                      Yea I got myself a stainless one (properly beefy!!)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• Simple but effective mod/repair.

Comment

• Sorry its Boatyardbuses not dubs. Kingswinford West Midlands think he did sign up on here so buy em off him. Seven pound something posted. And no I'm not on commission just think best to get from the fella that thought of it.
                          Last edited by S49; 4 October 2018, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• Thanks for the info , I need one

Comment

• Things have ground to a bit of a halt i'm afraid. Been some what distracted as my brother as had what they described as a massive stroke.So been hanging on the phone and back and forth the the Q, E in Brum. But considering they took away part of his skull and a thin slice of brain hes doing rather well, can talk and moving his arms and legs. Hes not 48 till the weekend put things in perspective and bit I suppose.
                              Last edited by S49; 9 October 2018, 07:36 PM.

Comment

• Sheet! Sorry to hear that mate, wishing him a speedy recovery, sounds like he's in the best of care. Can't fault the NHS in my opinion.
                                Thoughts are with you all.

Comment

Working...
                                X