No announcement yet.

Operation Blind Faith, A Winter Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's exceptional work there s49. cutting the front cross member brackets groom the breaker cutting yours of welding to yours, etc etc etc. Plus you gave me many ideas and bedtime reading last night. Have now got a mig welder, gas, nozzles and wire. Am going to start to learn how to weld. Never had a go, been around welding for years though. My own bus needs that sort of treatment. Now the engine and gear box are ruining ticket boo. The bodywork is next. Cant say it enough fantastic work S. and thread, going to be a corker of a van that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marx View Post
      That's exceptional work there s49. cutting the front cross member brackets groom the breaker cutting yours of welding to yours, etc etc etc. Plus you gave me many ideas and bedtime reading last night. Have now got a mig welder, gas, nozzles and wire. Am going to start to learn how to weld. Never had a go, been around welding for years though. My own bus needs that sort of treatment. Now the engine and gear box are ruining ticket boo. The bodywork is next. Cant say it enough fantastic work S. and thread, going to be a corker of a van that.
      Thanks very much Marx, its comments like that , that keep me going. Found a bit more tin worm round ther nearsside arch/floor but it'll repair ok. Pics later.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0834.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	265743Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0835.jpg
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	265744Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0836.jpg
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	265745 A bit more tin worm to go at.

Comment

• Mine had gone there aswell.discovered when welding up all the holes after the previous owner had screwed the ply floor down with self tappers.Floor Had also gone in the corners between wheel arch and rear light cluster.Great stuff though mate,keep the updates going.This will be a great reference point for anyone researching the popular rust spots on a t4 and how to repair.

Comment

Name:	DSCN0833.jpg
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	265746 Heres the corner of ours between the left arch and light cluster.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]10498[/ATTACH] Heres the corner of ours between the left arch and light cluster.
              How will you repair this, looking forward to the end result here. Is there enough good metal to weld a patch in there?

Comment

• Yes can cut out, may over lap plate put in from below but weld from above there's plenty of good metal to weld to once the rot has been cut out.
                Last edited by S49; 27 September 2018, 10:35 PM.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10498[/ATTACH] Heres the corner of ours between the left arch and light cluster.
                  Snap.Must be a moisture trap there.Luckily,I still had the bulkhead i’d removed,so used a similar pressed section cut out of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagles02 View Post
                    Snap.Must be a moisture trap there.Luckily,I still had the bulkhead i’d removed,so used a similar pressed section cut out of that.
                    Good thinking.
                    Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• It may be me expecting too much but it didn't seem to go so well today. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0839.jpg
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	265748Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0840.jpg
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	265749 Started like this and happy enough. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0842.jpg
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	265750 Then this which didn't go to well.

Comment

Name:	DSCN0844.jpg
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	265751Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0845.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	265752

Comment

• If your trimming out your van do the panels separate to the metal work as if you have to get behind its a proper shit. Also having another look at my pictures don't think it went too badly really. Its been a long day.

Comment

If your trimming out your van do the panels separate to the metal work as if you have to get behind its a proper shit. Also having another look at my pictures don't think it went too badly really. Its been a long day.
                            Theres nothing wrong thinking you could do it better but thats how we learn mate.... however Im no welder but it looks good to me bud. You've earned & deserve a few extra Westons this week. [emoji38]

Last edited by Activ8; 28 September 2018, 07:16 PM.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10503[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10504[/ATTACH]
                              solid for years to come.Great work and again,well documented.

Comment

• Just the front of that arch to do then rub down the filler in front door step then lots of prep as it looks like the wife is going to paint it.

Comment

Working...
                                X