No announcement yet.

Operation Blind Faith, A Winter Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep - good welding there bud, that's a tricky job.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
      Yep - good welding there bud, that's a tricky job.
      Ta, its not nice doing upside down. Sill arrived today so may have a bit more done sunday. Got a small matter of thermostat and all the plastic pipes on the VR6 tomorrow I've only had the bits about a year.

Comment

• Nice repair Si , an awkward one too weld , out of interest , where did you get the repair panel from ?

Comment

• Its cut out of that one in the scrap yard Kev.

Comment

• As a reward for the effort I've put into her new van molly got me a new welding helmet.......so I can put more effort into her new van. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0783.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	265661

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0784.jpg
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	265662 This is next Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0789.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	265663 There was and old sanding disc attached to the filler inside the old sill. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0791.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	265664Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0790.jpg
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	265665Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0792.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	265666 It'll be ok I said we wont need an inner sill....doh!

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                As a reward for the effort I've put into her new van molly got me a new welding helmet.......so I can put more effort into her new van. [ATTACH=CONFIG]10386[/ATTACH]
                Are they discounting those helmets Si? Showing online stock at £22.99 , is it any good as an auto darkening helmet, is that a good price - I might have to start investing!

Fuckmuppetry & Bodge Award Winner

Comment

• Didn't someone else comment about expanding foam in the sill. If you look on my photo you'll see its wedged between two welded in "up rights" in the sill. They are defiantly factory think they stiffen the sill and perhaps the foam is to stop the panel drumming. Not good as it was full of water. Will remove the up rights and reweld to the new inner sill. Also got the panel coming for below the filler neck.

Comment

• That's it Rob 23 quid. It works and fits my ugly head. Its of better quality than the cheapo I got from my local factors. She also got an angle grinder and a mountain of disc's. The last grinder I had off em lasted 5 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                      That's it Rob 23 quid. It works and fits my ugly head. Its of better quality than the cheapo I got from my local factors. She also got an angle grinder and a mountain of disc's. The last grinder I had off em lasted 5 years.
                      I'll order one for Xmas - 1st gift for the Mrs!

Fuckmuppetry & Bodge Award Winner

Comment

• Good work Si , it’s not nice being no your back grinding and welding , I’ve been there so many times and I’m sure I’ll be doing the same soon haha.
                        I bought one of the Aldi welding helmets , I’ve not tried it yet

Comment

• Not at all bad for the money.

Comment

• Inner and outter sills on the lefthand side.....pictures tomorrow.

Comment

• Hope you're not out in the rain welding Si

Sent from my vernee_M5 using Tapatalk

Comment

• No tucked up nice and snug in the shed. Mind i'd advice anybody else to take the tank out when welding in the inner sills. Nearly had the petrol hose alite. If so i'd have blown up quicker than a battle cruiser at Jutland.

Comment

Working...
                                X