Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message from the 130Ah Battery Seller was "The CCA is in excess of 900.
    I am positive you will be most impressed with this battery's performance."

The other 130Ah adverts advise a CCA of 1050.

Just looked for a quick guide on CCA and engine requirements. There's no correlation between CCA (Cold Cranking Amps) to Ah but a guide is to multiply the Ah or divide the CCA by 7.25 to give you the other figure and as a minimum buy a battery that has 2 CCA per engine cubic inch. Thats 300 CCA for a 2.5L engine. Need to read up on leisure battery specs. The Seller has offered to hold my order until the New Year.
    Last edited by Activ8; 30th December 2019, 06:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
      Message from the 130Ah Battery Seller was "The CCA is in excess of 900.
      I am positive you will be most impressed with this battery's performance."

The other 130Ah adverts advise a CCA of 1050.

Just looked for a quick guide on CCA and engine requirements. There's no correlation between CCA (Cold Cranking Amps) to Ah but a guide is to multiply the Ah or divide the CCA by 7.25 to give you the other figure and as a minimum buy a battery that has 2 CCA per engine cubic inch. Thats 300 CCA for a 2.5L engine. Need to read up on leisure battery specs. The Seller has offered to hold my order until the New Year.
      I thought leisure batteries had a very low CCA due to their construction which also allows deep discharge? Pretty sure that aint a proper leisure battery with that high a CCA figure....

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

I thought leisure batteries had a very low CCA due to their construction which also allows deep discharge? Pretty sure that aint a proper leisure battery with that high a CCA figure....
        Could be a marine battery.
        Marine batterys are adequate at both

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• Here's a free downloadable guide to leisure batteries
          Leisure Battery

Last edited by Activ8; 2nd January 2020, 09:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
            Here's a free downloadable guide to leisure batteries
            Leisure Battery
            So - pretty much exactly what I said - leisure batteries do not have high CCA capacity.

Comment

• Checked some clutch calcs Friday, min and max with a 228mm organic clutch (based on the SRE organic plate).
              Minimum 558Nm = 412ft lb , typical car lining pressure - assumes 1N/mm2
              Maximum 1116Nm = 823ft lb, typical car lining pressure - assumes 2N/mm2
              The sintered plate has a coefficient of friction of 0.4 raising these figures by 60% plus the 228mm friction paddles are slightly larger.

Clutch Torque Conversion Sachs 228mm dry organic MIN
              Clutch Torque Conversion Sachs 228mm dry organic MAX

Comment

• Tyre Info Dump , JIC I ever review and want that all terrain / swamper look;
                Walmart.com Browse General Tyres

Comment

Working...
                X