Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post

I’d say yours are never started but when I heard your red one running earlier I’d say that’s probably for the best as it sounds like you’ve dumped a 5kg bag of ball bearings into the sump.

I’d get those belts off and take a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
    Hahahaha , fuck and I’ve heard Tp’s Thwaites powered camper

Comment

• Been noisy since fitting the new Hella 8EL 012 427-541 120A alternator.

Might get it on the ramps tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
        Been noisy since fitting the new Hella 8EL 012 427-541 120A alternator.

Might get it on the ramps tomorrow.
        That's disappointing to hear, as Bosch are so expensive and I imagined Hella would be good quality.

After what mileage? Please keep us updated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim24 View Post

That's disappointing to hear, as Bosch are so expensive and I imagined Hella would be good quality.

After what mileage? Please keep us updated.
          I paid just over £60 for the new Hella as an outright purchase bargain on EUAmazon.de then repaired the 120A Bosch unit for Justin at an additional £25. New belt was fitted too.

As TP messaged me last night. They don't like being sat there.

Been painting today so not jumped on it yet.

Comment

• Been hoovering up some parts for the Holset turbo, sheet steel plate for the adaptors, gaskets etc.

A Holset 2.5" V-Band exhaust housing, hoping to buy a 3" version too if I can avoid import duties and VAT with a US purchase.
            Last edited by Activ8; 20 June 2023, 04:00 PM.

Comment

• Long shot but I'll ask on here anyway.

For the gearbox conversion I need to borrow a VW tool, numbered T10309A. Its a sleeved gear puller system for 5th and 6th on the input and output shafts for 02S gearboxes.

Laser 7501 is an equivalent. About £300 to buy.

Comment

• Training in the Alps, 2012.
                Stayed here for 3 months.
                Love those memory reminders you get 1st thing.

Comment

• Arrived today, the Holset cast 2.5" exhaust down pipe back plate from our friends in the East. Saved a few pennies compared to the Cummins Service centres in the US, US custom fab shops, eBay and Amazon. Onwards ....

Working on the gearbox tool having found a manufacturer in Taiwan.

Comment

• Oil lines next, turbo body needs clocking but oil inlet line requires an M10x1.25 feed which I'll make up with AN6 braided stainless hose and coloured AN6 fittings.

Comment

• Jim.
                      This is the best seat.
                      I've got another headrest, just need to work out how to change them over!
                      Got the plastics to change it over to passenger.

Here's the marine grade leather covered seat.

Plastic headrest now changed.
                      Last edited by Activ8; 30 June 2023, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• Jim,
                        Here's the vw oem passenger swivel seat base. The tabs on the top are to fit the later post 1996 seat base centres.
                        Better than those shitty swivel plate designs.

Let me know.

Comment

• Just picked up a 2.5tdi ACV head complete and cheap, to be used as a fitting template for the planned turbo installs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                            Jim,
                            Here's the vw oem passenger swivel seat base. The tabs on the top are to fit the later post 1996 seat base centres.
                            Better than those shitty swivel plate designs.

Let me know.
                            What's superior about this design Rob?

Comment

• All the usual benefit candidates can be lined up here with some unusual unkowns Jim ....

Crash tested as a VAG oem seat base and swivel. The reassurance is sublime. So sleeping is greatly improved ....
                              Quality design, mechanism and function it's not made of processed cheese and reel bobbin bearings.
                              Me at 120kg I've never found an aftermarket swivel that's lasted longer than a year without needing a repair, spring, cornering wedges or shims or simply becoming scrap Frisby material.
                              It rises and falls with the swivel function so does allow taller frames to choose a seat height.
                              You can mount the 3 point seat buckle to them, so adding an alternative non-oem seat retains the safety, rather than relying on the aftermarket fixing offered by Cowboy & Sons fabricators.
                              Whilst you loose your stowage , or 2nd leisure battery stowage etc ... using the folded steel seat base, this type opens up the cab floor, so you'll never loose your part sucked Wurthers / fig whilst driving, filming or wolf whistling your date.
                              Mentioning dates leads to one of my favourites, they allow close and more intimate contact and sexual acts, so he, she or your flat capped ferret can work their way around your shorts and groin far more comfortably.
                              Plus, they are exceptional value for money and don't devalue, so increase the ka-ching "T4shed" for insurance purposes when your shunted in the tunnel!
                              Lastly ..... but not least, they really do swivel to reduce the ageing process, make the skin smoother and probably, they are the best seat base in the World.

Last edited by Activ8; 2 July 2023, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• Recently (a few months back) I got planning permission from the Mrs to add a covered gazebo attached to the large shed.

So the wheel barrow gearbox workshop has been upgraded to several metres of work space and bench area. The wheel barrow is still in use , currently used for the 02Q 6 speed returned from Regs'.

Lots more to do of course.

Last edited by Activ8; 5 July 2023, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X