Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by S49 View Post

He'll go in the Merc
    Or the chauffeur driven Bentley

Sent from Neils wheels using Just T4s

Comment

• Finally back on the 6 speed 02S conversion today. Looking forward to it.
      Last entry #2085.

Borrowed some Sykes gear pullers like the pro's use and set about resuming and tackling the 02S strip down after a quick read up of the VAG maintenance manual. Step-by-step instructions.

The wheelbarrow workshop was relocated into the sun and a temp table top set up nearby to support the tools, parts, tea mug and later beer glass.

Parts washer relocated to the large shed.

Pics to follow as it gets broken up / down.

Last edited by Activ8; 28 May 2023, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• Following with interest Rob.

Comment

• Yep. Me too. Following with interest. Would love a 6 speed box...come to think of would love to have a working 5 speed. That would be nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by frenchdna View Post
            Yep. Me too. Following with interest. Would love a 6 speed box...come to think of would love to have a working 5 speed. That would be nice.
            I was interested when I started doing it but it was too much effort and a faff needing different gear sets and an EWB/DUJ diff (rare as fuck and expensive) so I gave it all to Rob as he loves wasting time on fools errands.

I spent a couple hours looking at the boxes and researching (messaged Rob and got him to Google shot for me) and decided against it for numerous reasons. Robs had it for 18 months and it’s still the same as when I gave it to him PMSL. Well almost, he spent 3 days trying to dismantle the last 02b I destroyed and messaging me with a load of abuse saying I drive like a **** and it’s all my fault he was struggling.

02m 6 speed from a petrol 1.8t Leon or golf 180 is the way forward. Possibly less hassle too and is rated to a higher output.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
            #vanlife

Comment

• Piss taking regardless of how factual it is aside though, it is genuinely interesting.

#vanlife

Comment

• In terms of you "starting" it TP, your 20 minute concentration window, dictated that you had only your driving skills in deconstructing it from inside the casings and a burning desire to reach 112bhp as an ermm..mTurd.i to save it from detonation .....

I clearly remember you stating that it required independent and opposing thumbs to get started! And that required "only" another million years of Evolution for you! Pahahahahahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                  In terms of you "starting" it TP, your 20 minute concentration window, dictated that you had only your driving skills in deconstructing it from inside the casings and a burning desire to reach 112bhp as an ermm..mTurd.i to save it from detonation .....

I clearly remember you stating that it required independent and opposing thumbs to get started! And that required "only" another million years of Evolution for you! Pahahahahahaha
                  Haha. That was after the 112bhp pump and you know it you fuck. Was it the mTdi that did that last one? Did I convert to Tdi and 02G at the same time?

Fucking shit gearboxes the 02b’s. Fine if they’re being fitted to a driveway ornament so by all means, carry on!

#vanlife

Comment

• Lifted the Beasts blue bonnet (slightly seized) cleared the cobwebs and took stock of what's needed to move it forwards.

Whipped the inlet manifold off to play around with seating it's next turbo charger. Fitted with the AHY/AXG T25 manifold I wrongly thought the Holset would locate and bolt easily to it. No chance - no room at all as the manifolds T25 neck pulls away from the head to take a Garret T2x range of hot housing.
                    Not withstanding the clocking that's required for the Holsets snail, it's fixed actuator mounting it was clear the T4-150 manifold needed to be swapped. I pulled out the crates marked ex and looked at the shaping.
                    Then tried a few for repositioning the turbo. Beast with an FMIC gives me plenty of scope to seat it higher. So a plan starts to form .....
                    Messaged Kev to get a quote and lead time for a new adaptor based on one in the picture, which bolts up to the oem ACV/AJT manifold.

Last edited by Activ8; 14 June 2023, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• What’s this one off, an LT?

I’m pretty sure I mentioned numerous times that the Holset wasn’t an easy fit on the AXG mani. I was considering the Volvo mani.

Really looking forward to seeing the results. I will grow to regret not fitting that holset nearly as much as I regret shifting that white van on.

#vanlife

Comment

• I think that's off an Audi 100 5 pot. The one to its left is the LT version which sits the turbo beneath the manifold - also an option.

There's a few options still to think through.

Comment

• Hmmm. How would that LT one work with the large Holset and the starter blank on the block casting at the back? Looks a tad strange that.

I was convinced the Volvo was the way forward.

#vanlife

Comment

• Yep you could be right re the LT fitting and Volvo ex's but it depends on whether you mount it directly to the T2x face or pipe it away. I once suggested relocating the turbo underneath the van, stubby exhaust ! Need to measure the pipe runs;-)

Comment

• Beast with barn doors - 16 June 2011.
                              They're never finished are they .... ;-)>

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                                Beast with barn doors - 16 June 2011.
                                They're never finished are they .... ;-)>
                                I’d say yours are never started but when I heard your red one running earlier I’d say that’s probably for the best as it sounds like you’ve dumped a 5kg bag of ball bearings into the sump.

I’d get those belts off and take a look.

#vanlife

Comment

Working...
                                X