Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a good day today.
    Spurred on having done TP's mapping I've been tinkering with a V10 TDI ECU and some ideas.
    I've grafted active suspension functionality into the T4's ECU plus some mods in the maps to adapt the N18 and N75 to control electronic actuators plus turn them off completely without an error code.

Quite chuffed, just need to invest in some more hardware next.

Comment

• Collected the pump this morning.
      The plan is to upgrade the ECU to move to common rail with a few extra sensors, with individual gear torque maps and a couple of other in-built ECU elec-trickerys.
      Last edited by Activ8; 6 November 2022, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• That pump will fit a 2.5 tdi then? Is the block and head the same on a Crafter/Sprinter as the 2.5tdi? All interesting stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
          That pump will fit a 2.5 tdi then? Is the block and head the same on a Crafter/Sprinter as the 2.5tdi? All interesting stuff.
          Very very similar Si.

Comment

• Wont you also need electricly fired injectors?

Comment

Wont you also need electricly fired injectors?
              Yep. ECU upgrade already started.

Comment

• Lot a work, you'll need a loom for wires to the injectors, lets have some photos as it goes together Rob.

Comment

Lot a work, you'll need a loom for wires to the injectors, lets have some photos as it goes together Rob.
                  Slowly collecting the parts Si.

Comment

• Any ideas on pulley size for the pump? Not sure how much that’ll matter as long as it meets the minimum pressure in the rail I suppose, the fuel press reg should return the rest no?

Mounting bracket? ECU plugs/pinout variances?

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                    #vanlife

Comment

• Wouldnt you need the Crafter ecu to fire the injectors? On a TDI isnt it done by the breaking pressure of the injector and pump pressure? Puzzled as to whether its worth all the work. But like me i spect its the doing it for doing its sake and proving that you can.

Comment

• Crafter pulley TP, cam is identical and I'm hoping the pump fixings can be used or adapted with Crafter belts and tensioners.

The T4's ECU could be modified / upgraded to run a CR setup along the lines of a Golf4TDi. There's a lot of function in the T4 EDC15 that's there but not used or has the map space to drop it in. There are ECU pins free, pre assigned by Bosch, on a T4 for many of the functions not used in the VE type fuel delivery.

That's one route and I'm pretty comfortable with this already.

Alternately, sticking it's next Generation sibling in could offer more functions. In essence they all do the same, but as the diesel has developed its mainly around emissions which I can turn off completely or make switchable.

Why do it? I'm intrigued by the challenge and tired by the complexity deemed to have been placed on "engine management systems".

Comment

• Fuel rail arrived today , seller included the two end rail fuel sensors for good luck and a large saving for me.

Comment

• So when we finally see your van at a meet it'll have common rail,a shinny bonnet,6 speed box and fancy twin headslights?

Comment

So when we finally see your van at a meet it'll have common rail,a shinny bonnet,6 speed box and fancy twin headslights?
                              Unlikely I'll be attending Si.
                              I'll be too busy polishing one of my turds mate! ;-)

Comment

• Activ. You need one like mine to polish. The meets are well to far for me to go

Comment

Working...
                                X