Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by spedwing View Post
    Like you said Rob … it’s only stuff but it’s bloody wrong that these arseholes do it , I caught someone breaking into my garden to get in my garage at about 2 in the morning , I spoke to him and he came inside and sat in the corner whilst I called the police …. They didn’t come so I took his bag which had a letter with his name and address …. After “a chat “ advising him on issues I let him go … hopefully he understood and he didn’t do it again … Tin snips are a wonderful versatile tool
    Strictly is utter dross enjoyed by the upper middle class whilst they sit guffawing and slurping doing sherry and port. Never has television ever seen such pretentious horseshit. It was improved slightly when the chin stopped doing it. The sight of him shuffling along even just in memes and GIF’s is enough for me to consider shooting up a high school.

I’d have thought it would’ve been right up your street Batman?

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
    #vanlife

Comment

• I do enjoy a few bottles of port TP, with friends and a decent rib-eye steak, no cheese, that bit is very me, but in front of the dross the TV licence pays for ..... spit roast the lot of them and use the savings to extend Attenboroughs life and career.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
        I do enjoy a few bottles of port TP, with friends and a decent rib-eye steak, no cheese, that bit is very me, but in front of the dross the TV licence pays for ..... spit roast the lot of them and use the savings to extend Attenboroughs life and career.
        When Attenborough goes life just won’t be worth living anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
        #vanlife

Comment

• Just for reference heres the door glazing part numbers, should be marked on the glass or fixing bar

701 845 201, door window, left, clear glass
          703 845 201, door window, left, green glass
          701 845 202, door window, right, clear glass
          703 845 202, door window, right, green glass

Comment

• Upgraded the 3bar map sensor to 4bar in preparation for new turbo, manifolds and injectors. Staying with the top mounted Intercooler until I can work through a better pipe run.

Comment

• Collected a pair of EGR blanks in 4mm steel , cost me a pint. I don't have sheet steel hanging around - he does.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                Collected a pair of EGR blanks in 4mm steel , cost me a pint. I don't have sheet steel hanging around - he does.
                I had mine blanked off, ooooh er missus (in a way that the itv Nazis shouldn't be able to tell - some do check).

Explain to me, please, do i need to map this out...what is the effects I should expect regarding emmisions at the next test in October. Should they have cleaned it out first.

Van feels no different.

Thanks in advance
                Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• What usually happens is your intake manifold fills up with soot. Eventually causing lots of smoke.

Comment

• The "soot" Si refers to will just pass through the exhaust and increase the emissions a fraction. Whether that's above or below your pass requirement who but the itv can say?

Comment

• Actually it can clog the manifold. We suspect the valve stuck open but we had a Volvo 940 that came in smoking with under 12000 miles up it. We had to remove the manifold and steam clean it out. Volvo warranty wouldn't stretch to a head off so we spooned as much sooty sludge out of the ports as we could. It took a couple a thousand mile to clear totally with the egr blanked. Volvo sent out a bullet in to blank the things off. Can't remember think it was pre 1995 . So not ECU controlled.

Comment

• On the 86 model petrol it was called Pulseair. The idea being exhaust gases were flushed back through the intake and reburnt on over run. We found it just quickened the need for a decoke.

Comment

• Think I've said this before but how well would you run feed from your own arsehole 20 percent of the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                            Think I've said this before but how well would you run feed from your own arsehole 20 percent of the time.
                            The human body is far more efficient than anything man-made. It's had 3 million years to evolve. Well in some cases.

Comment

• You'll have the advantage of warmer ambient temps Arf, so the engine and diesel will get to temp quicker and is likely to be more efficient. As Si suggests, get the manifold and EGR valve off the van Arf and clean them out. Easy job.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                                What usually happens is your intake manifold fills up with soot. Eventually causing lots of smoke.
                                Cyclist annoying type smoke?
                                Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Working...
                                X