Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 02B DJZ coded box TP gifted me needs to move on to the shelf. Dropped the oil/sludge and 5th gear metal shards and chippings. Needs a full strip and jet washing at the local Sainsburys facilities. Its proper minging.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
      Had a look over the diff drive gear, Whatsapp'd Kev for machining advice but he cannot repair so unless I can find someone local to take a look/suggest a repair strategy, the safer decision imo would be to shelve (almost wrote bin!) the EWB diff.

The VAG workshop manuals handily list a tool list and a picture at the start of an action. As well as the VAG ref# they also quote the equivalent Kukko brand. From that you can identify the tool specifications to locate a cheaper equivalent.
      I found the tooth chip partly sitting in the diff teeth held with grease / sludge paste and the output shaft pinion gear.
      Is that the EWB I gave you in a bag? If so, that blew the diff up. Well the diff/output shaft teeth. I would have been surprised if there wasn’t any diff damage.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
      #vanlife

Comment

The 02B DJZ coded box TP gifted me needs to move on to the shelf. Dropped the oil/sludge and 5th gear metal shards and chippings. Needs a full strip and jet washing at the local Sainsburys facilities. Its proper minging.
        Paaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha!! I properly did a number on that box. 112bhp did that……PMSL. That was back in the mTdi with GT2052v days.

I drove with that box like that for about 40 miles or so. I remember doing a video which I think I sent to you. I figured the box was trashed anyway so didn’t hold back, i fucking leathered it. I was amazed non of the shards picked up into the other gears.

I give you all the good stuff.

#vanlife

Comment

• T4 inspired 4 speed wheel barrow!
          F'in minging. 18 months of mTDI bodgery colouring the project donor.

Comment

• Removed the speedo drive gear 22mm quickly followed up with some heavy hammer blows to the rotated offside drive cup the drive shaft released. Four 17mm bolts later the shaft trumpet was loose, exposing another deposit of metallic paste and micro metal shards..

Met up with TP at M1J24 Services exchanged ECU's and collected the 02S donor. A quick test with TPv5 , alone and then two up, the van drove great imo peaking at 20psi.

Last edited by Activ8; 29 July 2022, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Removed the speedo drive gear 22mm quickly followed up with some heavy hammer blows to the rotated offside drive cup the drive shaft released. Four 17mm bolts later the shaft trumpet was loose, exposing another deposit of metallic paste and micro metal shards..

Met up with TP at M1J24 Services exchanged ECU's and collected the 02S donor. A quick test with TPv5 , alone and then two up, the van drove great imo peaking at 20psi.
              That box never managed 18 months! Not even a third of that but it had done a few miles by then.

V5 is decent to be fair and a good improvement. If this is 210bhp then I think I’ll fit the sexy ass Holset and aim for 250 minimum. Thanks bud. I especially appreciate your comments on how I treat the old shitheap. Gearboxes are supposed to treated like that. If you’re not spinning into 3rd coming off a roundabout then you’re not a real man.

Last edited by TommyP; 29 July 2022, 10:11 PM.
              #vanlife

Comment

• How did you describe your van TP, "looks like shit, goes like stink". Pahahahshaha, so true!

Comment

How did you describe your van TP, "looks like shit, goes like stink". Pahahahshaha, so true!
                  Or your “how the fuck do you live with that exhaust every day?!?”

#vanlife

Comment

• The word exhaust is too long to represent your "aust" TP!

Comment

The word exhaust is too long to represent your "aust" TP!
                      Short and sweet they call it.

#vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post

Or your “how the fuck do you live with that exhaust every day?!?”

All noise and no power as the saying goes

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post

All noise and no power as the saying goes
                          Says the one that drives a fiesta with a body kit round every day.

You just aren’t ready for it Kevin. Seeing how excited you were to show me yours idling told me all I need to know.

#vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post

Says the one that drives a fiesta with a body kit round every day.

You just aren’t ready for it Kevin. Seeing how excited you were to show me yours idling told me all I need to know.

I offered to take you out but you were too scared ahhhh the flying fiesta sport van

Comment

• In other T4 news, I found an hour but turned into longer for splitting the 02B donor. What a pita, not being on a van, having two mashed 5th gears and being endlessly interrupted by Chunk (TP's non-binary alias on certain slimming forums).

You can put the Haynes manual back in the glovebox for T4 gearboxes. The manual transmission section is still being written.

Comment

• What the fuck? You messaged me about it!

That peasant of a gearbox died a glorious death.

Last edited by TommyP; 4 August 2022, 06:34 PM.
                                #vanlife

Comment

Working...
                                X