Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Away for Mother's Day I thought, van prepped, lad with card and flowers sourced, into the Dale's for a couple of warm days and cold nights in the early Spring.

War, melting ice caps and Covid reign silent when you share a little vanlife with your loved ones.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
      Away for Mother's Day I thought, van prepped, lad with card and flowers sourced, into the Dale's for a couple of warm days and cold nights in the early Spring.

War, melting ice caps and Covid reign silent when you share a little vanlife with your loved ones.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Just T4s
      Utopia mate. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
      #vanlife

Comment

• Amazing. Well that's why we have these vans!

Sent from my SM-N986B using Just T4s

Comment

• Had a little win in the week and great timing for this weekend. Picked the lad up from an evening club held at a primary school. Large skip - dropped in the car park being filled so I parked next to it for a browse! ;-)
          They'd cleared an old music cupboard out by chucking out various broken elementary instruments. Grabbed a few large floor tom drums where the skins were damaged or badly repaired. All had three great leg height adjustment thumb style fixings, so ......

Last edited by Activ8; 29 March 2022, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• Did you ever get that cluster of mine to work rob?

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Just T4s

Comment

• The cluster is working Roy.
              Just need mileage per last message.
              Away atm, back in a month.

Comment

• OK Rob I'll send you my mileage in a few weeks

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Just T4s

Comment

• et voilá, one fresh water stainless water tank. Made from 1.5mm stainless folded and then seam welded sheet. Tested tonight and no leaks.

Picked up a very cheap and rather nice little used Blanco stainless kitchen sink earlier today. The plan with hope is that it can form the start and basis of our pullout rear drawer kitchen pod. The original Blanco tap needs down sizing a tad. Even the Mrs was happy that a kitchen sink was now part of the travel kit!
                  Need to look at a tarp on poles for the barn doors or the Coleman XL gazebo.

We don't kip in the van preferring to camp and pitch a tent as a family. Alone, I sling an adapted hammock up inside. So we have quite a bit of space without those god damn awful R&R efforts.

Comment

• With my interest in Pre Dreadnought blattleships i dont know why i never thought of a hammock. A little bit lighter than the awful r n r bed.

Comment

• I hitch-hiked around the West Coast of the USA for four months in my early twenties, sleeping most of the time in a compact string hammock. I once got dropped off in the middle of Death Valley, at one of the only road junctions, but no trees (or vegetation of any kind) so I strung the hammock up between some road signs to get away from the snakes and any wolves. Still have it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim24 View Post
                        I hitch-hiked around the West Coast of the USA for four months in my early twenties, sleeping most of the time in a compact string hammock. I once got dropped off in the middle of Death Valley, at one of the only road junctions, but no trees (or vegetation of any kind) so I strung the hammock up between some road signs to get away from the snakes and any wolves. Still have it.
                        Wolves on the West Coast Jim, we're they that far South half a decade ago? I know there's odd roaming packs hassling cattle/livestock currently.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                          Wolves on the West Coast Jim, we're they that far South half a decade ago? I know there's odd roaming packs hassling cattle/livestock currently.
                          Dunno for sure, but I wasn't taking any chances and it was before the Internet so such knowledge was fuzzy. It was one of the most inhospitable looking places I've ever witnessed. No flat ground at or anywhere near that junction, other than the road itself, just lots of broken and smashed rocks piled up almost everywhere, and zilch greenery to be seen at all. I didn't fancy finding out what would eventually emerge in the relative coolness of the night.

My other strong memory was of just a few cars passing every hour, and you could see their mirage a good half-hour (or so it seemed) before it was timely to stick my best hiking thumb out. Ironically I eventually got a lift from some French Rock musicians.

Eventually emerging from the desert there were the winding canyon passes that led up, out, and above the City of Angels - a shimmering grey-blue smog overhanging the Bay, over what must have been a paradise many decades ago, then five lane overhead urban free-ways with slip roads and overtaking on both the left and the right (!!)...............

Comment

• I know this ain't T4 but I'm so chuffed that my BMW is running and driving. It hasn't really driven since 2009'ish , apart from doing some work on it in 2016 when the auto gearbox stopped shifting after it was MOT'd, only reverse worked! Anyway long story shortened, box out, self rebuild (had mates help) and its gone back in and started first time albeit it now needs some wiring replacing on the MAF, lights and coolant sensors after a few parts replaced / renewed this morning. Auto levelling suspension working, bonnet alignment sorted. Dropped it over to my mates place, as next it needs a polish and paintwork touching up, plus pre MOT inspection. Love it.

Comment

• What was up with the auto box i'd have been interested to know the details self rebuild. But BMWs ,chickens i wouldnt keep in them.

Comment

• No one's interested in a German chicken coup Si.

Comment

Working...
                                X