Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working with a mate to design and produce volume van furniture; drawings done over the past few months on Freeware LibreCAD (big learning curve) to yesterdays first cut in ply and test build of the CNC cut furniture. Test van fit this week.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Just T4s

Comment

• First you put The Turkish Headlight Corporation out a business now IKEA are under threat.

Comment

• Looks nice if you like camper stuff cluttering up the cargo bay.

Comment

• Received this morning from;
          Frentech Braking ,
          U5, Dean Mill
          Plumbe St,
          Burnley, BB11 3AG

Part Number : PK016-2
          T4 Transpiriter ( Rear Brake Caliper kit, parts listed below in the picture.
          £26.95, incl next day delivery service with RM.

Mine need painting after the 294mm disc , carrier and pad upgrade.

Comment

• We finished making some minor adjustments a few weeks back, to the test template ply. Mate then ordered his desired cabinet coloured timber choices, had it cut out from 8'x4' sheets and we carefully put the cabinet together after routing the edges to create the edging channel. Looking great.

Started modifying a cardboard template for the T4 to overlay measurements onto the existing design. The CAD cutters software can then be setup to read the same drawing but using differed coloured lines for different vans or styles.

R&R bed ordered for rail fitment for my mates lwb T5, which should be here this week.

Once the bed is fitted , tested and adjusted we'll start designing a rear railed kitchen / storage pod.

Comment

• Its very nice and looks well made but what does it offer that all the others don't? It looks like every other camper units out there.
              Not trolling you, it's a genuine question.
              Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• I also have bought that but not being a fan of camper van stuff I kept quiet.

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
                  Its very nice and looks well made but what does it offer that all the others don't? It looks like every other camper units out there.
                  Not trolling you, it's a genuine question.
                  Valid point Arf.
                  A straw poll before we started alongside a couple of meetings with conversion companies locally indicated its what people buy. A sheep/mag/show thing I'd guess. Mates bus will be the demonstrator.

I'm with you Si.
                  Friends that have converted van interiors and beds regret the financial outlay, certainly in T4's. Many use the cooker once/twice and hated the 3 day post "frying tonight" perfume. The exception were the rear drawer styled pullout cooking centres

Comment

• Pulled the Passat half FIS cluster at the weekend to replace it with the tested full FIS from a Skoda. A little work needed to upgrade the cluster to work in the van, porting the van data across for the immo, replacing the firmware with needle sweep and some other functions.

Got some more needles to swap but love the 3D fascia design.

Comment

• Yes those slide out cookers are a good idea. We do most coking under the gazebo. But that seems years ago at present, cant wait to get back on the coast.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                        Valid point Arf.
                        A straw poll before we started alongside a couple of meetings with conversion companies locally indicated its what people buy. A sheep/mag/show thing I'd guess. Mates bus will be the demonstrator.

I'm with you Si.
                        Friends that have converted van interiors and beds regret the financial outlay, certainly in T4's. Many use the cooker once/twice and hated the 3 day post "frying tonight" perfume. The exception were the rear drawer styled pullout cooking centres

Never understand when people whitter on about the vans smelling after cooking. Before we leave a site, we often fry up a full English including hash browns and black pudding (no shitty peasant food on our trips away). We never have a smell and there’s plenty of soft materials that could hold the smell. Sounds like something that people spout that haven’t bought and fitted an internal hob/s to justify their decision. We cook everything in the van that we do at home including spaghetti bollocknaise and Sunday roasts. Never stinks after. I’m calling internet bullshit based on my own personal experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                        #vanlife

Comment

• Probably overpowered by the smell of amyl nirite, fornication and disappointment. Just like my van.
                          Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• I think every user has a different experience and sensitivity when cooking inside. Good to hear of a positive experience but in my 12 year+ circle of family owners yours is unique. Each to their own and nowt to do with Internet babble.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                              I think every user has a different experience and sensitivity when cooking inside. Good to hear of a positive experience but in my 12 year+ circle of family owners yours is unique. Each to their own and nowt to do with Internet babble.

Given that 99% of owners wouldn’t cook anything more than a pot noodle inside their T4 I call bullshit. I cook/fry everything and it’s stench free. It you cook bacon in your house the smell lingers for a few minutes but soon goes just like in the van. Unless they’re pouring the fat from the pan onto the curtains it’s bollocks.

Either way. In my experience, Transporters make for horrific campervans. Too small, heaps of shit. Unless it’s Kevin Fazzers, that’s a proper bit of kit. Si’s Doka might also become a good bit of kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                              #vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
                                Probably overpowered by the smell of amyl nirite, fornication and disappointment. Just like my van.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	Gonzo.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	172.8 KB
ID:	339395

Comment

Working...
                                X