Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
    How did that Skoda dash turn out, did you have it with cream or jam?
    I've yet to fit the Skoda clocks in the T4 binnacle Si. Got a couple of jobs for the dremel lining up though. Can't waste this weather. Hoping to get another set of injectors cletned, ested and setup for Justin tomorrow.

Comment

• Retest this morning.
      Wound back the AFR on the map.
      Replaced washer pump & fluid.
      Replaced OS lower ball joint with Moog.
      Refitted refurbed rear caliper.
      Fitted rear suspension straps for winding down the rear suspension adjusters I had Kev make.

Comment

• Passed and back on the drive.
        Happy days.
        With the weather forecast to be dry and while it was away being retested I managed to get the drive weed killered too .
        Last edited by Activ8; 21 September 2021, 03:35 PM.

Comment

• Have you got that oil stain shifted?

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
            Have you got that oil stain shifted?
            What ... "Si's Spot" , nah - Mrs still chews my earhole now over it along with the rest....

Just been out in the van and having trouble engaging 1st/2nd, not there this morning, theres a definate clunk as I move the stick in neutral left to the 1/2 gate. Once crossed over the "clunk" its fine. What do you think? Changed all the bushes 3-4 years ago. Cannot get under atm, well parts of me can. Which selector bush needs looking at?

1999-2003 VW T4 Gear Linkage
            Last edited by Activ8; 21 September 2021, 09:15 PM.

Comment

• Do they engage easier if you push the shifter down to miss the reverse gate, if so it might just want adjusting? For bushes, I’d start with 41, 42,45, 55 and then check the locking nut and bolt of the shaft (item 20).

If they were replaced with cheap shit eBay bush kits then I’ve had hit and miss success with these. Had a few fail very rapidly (within months and the work van one was weeks, item 45 specifically) yet the set on the camper has been done for 3 years nearly and it’s still fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
              #vanlife

Comment

• Cheers Tom.
                Replaced the full set with VW supplied bush kit 3-4 years ago. Will squeeze under tomorrow and review the linkages and bushes.

Last edited by Activ8; 22 September 2021, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• Had time to ponder , I wonder whether the fact I've left the van in gear on a fairly steep slope for 18 months with little use has compressed a bush or broken one.

I might just replace the three recomended on the gearbox shift lever as a matter of course.

Comment

• Spotted these in an auction recently and took a punt. A quantity of old Compaq TC1000 / TC1100 20 year old XP Tablets (the licenses were hidden under the 30GB disk drive), £20k a piece back in their launch day! Fantastic quality. Batteries charged and hold. I thought ideal for vagcom / diagnostics machines. Bought a cheap ebay kkl cable and got it all running this morning. Had to find a suitable charger and upgrade the memory to 764MB, lol!

Diagnostics on the cheap.
                    TC1000 Tablet £20.00
                    512MB from old laptop
                    PSU Adaptor from an.old laptop
                    AAA Pen Battery £0.40
                    KKL Cable £4.80

Old tech ain't dead.

Comment

• Found a replacement Golf Mk4 black bonnet (mine had been vandalised whilst I lent it to a mate) FBMP and local for £15, so after washing that down first thing to assess it in the light, I treated the van to some Simonoz soapy water. The pink (paprika red colour code) paint still remains faded and scarred after 20 years.

Booked IT into a mates garage for two hours on one of the ramps to get the gear linkage sorted and will try to fit the front and rear V6 brake sets at the same time plus tweak the rear suspension ride height - easy with a set of Kevs rear adjusters.
                      Last edited by Activ8; 27 September 2021, 05:44 PM.

Comment

• Can't quote you Activ8..... A quantity of laptops..... Any spare to punt on?

Sent from my Nokia 2.4 using Just T4s

Comment

• Of course I can help.
                          For diagnostics Neil?
                          Or for more home / office use?

Comment

• Used up the rest of the 2019 K2 Caliper paint on the two larger rear caliper carriers and found some silver for the front brakeline brackets. Picked up two new MAPCO rear brakelines for £14 the pair from the Factors.

Comment

• Erm both haha. I don't know about computers really. Cheap and cheerful. Diagnostic would be very handy. And home office wise, I'd only need something pretty basic. I'd not be playing games or streaming video or anything like that.

Sent from my Nokia 2.4 using Just T4s

Comment

• Not streaming videos, are you sure about that?
                                Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Working...
                                X