Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordered a Moog lower ball joint with 3 years warranty from the motor factors , considering whether to change the lot albeit only the offside got picked up.

Started to strip a spare rear caliper.

Think I picked up puncture on the new nearside Landsail front tyre travelling back from the MOT shop, typical..... battery in my trusty Costo Starter/ Tyre inflator was on it last legs, £50 for a 12v/22Ah gel replacement later, all rebuilt and going great guns, then nowt, compressor stopped. So, out with the manual foot pump and topped it up.... GREAT - something else to repair.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
      Ordered a Moog lower ball joint with 3 years warranty from the motor factors , considering whether to change the lot albeit only the offside got picked up.

Started to strip a spare rear caliper.

Think I picked up puncture on the new nearside Landsail front tyre travelling back from the MOT shop, typical..... battery in my trusty Costo Starter/ Tyre inflator was on it last legs, £50 for a 12v/22Ah gel replacement later, all rebuilt and going great guns, then nowt, compressor stopped. So, out with the manual foot pump and topped it up.... GREAT - something else to repair.
      What do you think to the landsails? Have you got the LS388’s? B rated wet weather. Was hooning my work van around yesterday in the wet and they’re surprisingly good for a tyre that costs £40 a corner. You can pay way in excess of £100 for another tyre with the same performance and rating.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
      #vanlife

Comment

• I bought an unused set of SUV 588's which were rated slightly better at B/B over the 388's and went from a 235/35R19 to 235/45R19 so by comparison its equivalent to hovering over the billiard table British roads. I distinctly got the impression that theres a campaign with the big Euro brands to diss Chinese tyres despite the ratings. Theyre one of the few brands in Europe that offer a mileage guarantee when fitted new, common in the US. I paid £160 cash for them off eBay. Might try a 225/45 next time, in about 40 years!

Might get the alloy checked out too.

Comment

• Printed off the circuit diagram, fuse locations and relay#'s in prep for this morning. After checking fuse, loom and 12v output to the little pump, the result - The chinky washer pump has seized from the kit fitted two years ago. Couldn't budge it oddly. New kit ordered - they'll get it back!

Comment

• Helping TP out with his clock exchange info and parts I found some Skoda FIS clusters that I'd stripped and reprogrammed but hadn't removed the cluster clock trim pieces. Into the oven at 95°C made removal whilst handling very easy. The T4 clock binnacle diameter is a tadge smaller so just need to get the dremel out to expand them. The Skodas don't have a foil but a clip in 3D type clock face (adds a depth to the look) which takes my fancy along with the needles and trim.

Last edited by Activ8; 16 September 2021, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• At 200°C in the oven the unwanted Skoda black clock surround turns into "liquorice", very malleable and can be cut with scissors into small pieces for the clip.elements / screw fixings. Flatter pieces could be reused for plastic welding perhaps for strengthening those weak rad cover areas , a rad leak perhaps or moulding parts for the interior.
              Last edited by Activ8; 17 September 2021, 12:48 AM.

Comment

• Ffs, what the fuck are you doing now?

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                #vanlife

Comment

• Control panel for the Tardus.

Comment

• I said he's rarely on this planet.

Comment

• Been busy whoarding today. First couple of Facebook dropins for diagnostics and a little spannering to time their pumps to 0.55 and prior to mapping both vans. I love that grin after the 1st drive! ;-)

Comment

• Cracking weather in Derby today, figured I'd tackle a couple of jobs. I've never liked the rear wash/wipe arms and although they worked they did require regularly maintenance. Found some 40mm ABS discs with seals on Amazon recently and thought I'd give it a try.

Whilst in the rear, noted the insulation has been tossed and not replaced. Cut some section of wadding to shape and folded them in but not before trying to pop the trailor dents out using a method Reg promoted 2 years back. Managed to improve the door skin, that one day a skim of filler will hide and get painted. Meantime, electrics taped up and the wash pipework capped before tea and scones on the lawn.

Last edited by Activ8; 19 September 2021, 07:04 PM.

Comment

• Always think they look cleaner "dewipered". I tend just to use the wing mirrors anyway but i dont want to start a reverse camera debate again.

Comment

• How did that Skoda dash turn out, did you have it with cream or jam?

Comment

• U sound like some members can't reverse ;-)
                              Originally posted by S49 View Post
                              Always think they look cleaner "dewipered". I tend just to use the wing mirrors anyway but i dont want to start a reverse camera debate again.
                              Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Just T4s

Comment

• I think some cant.

Comment

Working...
                                X