Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post

See told you!
    Put your glasses on and re-read Regs post #1889

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post

Put your glasses on and re-read Regs post #1889
      No need to Kev. The Golden Rule on the internet, forums & general online advice is do it & try it yourself....

Its taken Reg 4 years to fit those DS Gibontas whilst whining on about those Stanadynes so they cannot of been all that "bad" - BUT thats not to say he's not wrong to toss them in the bin either. Consider your own hybrid injectors (of which I know diddly about) but did you use any part, bodies or internals parts of the Stanas to build your upgrades with?

Its a learning curve.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
        Its taken Reg 4 years to fit those DS Gibontas whilst whining on about those Stanadynes so they cannot of been all that "bad"
        They were bad when I bought the van, multiple crap reasons for not fitting the Gibontas....the dying clutch, my van was my only transport and needed daily, I was scared, I'm slack and I've a million other things to do, mostly other peoples vans.
        Once I had the corsa, I could pull my van and get the engine and box out and do all the jobs that had been lined up...paint engine bay, clutch, injectors, intercooler refitting, cold air feed to K&N, steering rack, turbo return line, cambelt, water pump.

Any progress on the big turbo, big injector build?

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
          Any progress on the big turbo, big injector build?
          Yep its all on schedule, just waiting for parts etc.

Comment

• Had a little result this morning.....
            Then I got a full refund on the sonic cleaner as the article was incorrectly described. I rejected the 20%, 40% & 50% discounts to be offered a full refund this morning and get to keep the item.

Will try my luck on the bigger unit ordered too which is almost certainly misrepresented.

These chinese cellars need to dharpen up there linguage! ;-)

Comment

• Picked up a 15L version for £79 on Amazon. Looks like the cleaning liquids are simply citric acid concentrate with a dilution recommendation so I'll be making my own up. Adjustable frequency as well as a heater and timer. The waste tap will be useful too.

Comment

• This arrived yesterday.

Comment

• Mrs sent me this yesterday whilst staying with friends near Falmouth. She thought the two resident gulls would be making an entertaining tune on the glassfibre hightop!

Comment

• Bought van #5 yesterday.
                    Irish plates. Happy days.

Comment

• No 5? Your mental! Looks clean though. What's the plan? Keep it for retirement?

Sent from my Nokia 2.4 using Just T4s

Comment

• Should you have finished the red one first? Or the blue one you have big plans for?

I don’t think I’ve mentioned it before but I think you need help.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                        #vanlife

Comment

• "Finished?" ......
                          All in good time TP!

Comment

• Active has 5 vans, sounds like a challenge.

Comment

• MOT today.
                              Hardly driven in 18 months if not longer.
                              Started first time, warmed it up followed by an talian tune-up, a few emergency stops and drop it off down the station to await call.

Comment

• Failed.
                                Emissions
                                Rear os caliper sticking 50% force of ns.
                                Front washers
                                Lower os ball joint/cover

Not three bad. Rebooked in for next
                                Monday.
                                Last edited by Activ8; 13 September 2021, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X