No announcement yet.

My bus project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just some £50 eBay ones, friend of mine tried a few cheap sets and said he preferred these

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• Small update , my mate is back off holiday and can spray the van when I'm ready ! So prep work happened !!

Comment

• Will get some more pics once I have washed all the dust off

Comment

• Right so colour is chosen, need to replace drivers wing , but I have taken her off the road for the winter. So I can get loads more done , little bit of a tune up on the engine , fmic, alloy radiator, exhaust , fit smev job and sink, put in some lights and some other pieces too

Comment

• Originally posted by nathaniel_evans View Post
            Soooooo, the other half bought me some 65mm lowering springs for my birthday , managed to get the whole van lowered tonight and looks pretty good for a set of springs
            Did you have to do anything else other than swap springs and wind down the front?

Tom.

Comment

• Disconnect the top of the shock absorbers to allow the rear axle to drop low enough to get the originals out , apart from that , not really

Comment

• I think there is a how to thread on here somewhere on lowering but i can't find it.

Comment

• My bus project

Originally posted by chally69 View Post
                  I think there is a how to thread on here somewhere on lowering but i can't find it.

Yeah, there is but I think when you go lower than a certain amount you have to start messing with bump stops, roll bar links, shorter shocks etc. I’m just looking to do the simplest drop I can based on spring swop only - was thinking 50 was safe but if I can get away with 60ish all the better.

Tom.

Comment

• I wound the torsion bar down till there was 30mm of thread between the nut and the end runs fine no banging or knocking and no clearance issues

Comment

• Think you can go 60mm without having to start messing with anything else, think ours could go to 60 or 65 and still be ok.

Comment

• I think you have to experiment with ride heights, aesthetics, wheel & tyre combinations as it's applicable to use, location, gearing, interior loads, suspension, ride comfort and so much more... There's many a time whilst camping I wish I'd fitted an air ride system and bought a syncro just to get a better spot on the camp site.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• Right so found an old iPad bracket I haven’t used so I go I did this ...

Comment

• So it’s been a while since I have posted on the build thread mainly because I haven’t done anything , but today I have ! A friend of mine was breaking his t4 so I had the coilovers and the banded steels off him and fitted today , so it’s just the sliding door offset wedge to fit , lower the front some more , get it painted and do the pop top ! Oh and the smev sink cooker

Comment

• Also fitted shortened arb drop links

Comment

• Love them wheels Nathaniel

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Just T4s

Comment

Working...
                                X