No announcement yet.

Shed Seven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plus you have the satisfaction of knowing that it's done properly [emoji106]

Sent from my vernee_M5 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
      A nice cheap fix for a change , my battery light came on last week and when I checked the voltage it was irregular.

I looked at the cost of buying a replacement alternator but they are a tad expensive even with returning your old unit.

I trawled the internet for a new regulator , I managed to find a genuine Bosch part for £25 delivered , which I thought was a bargain compared to replacing the unit , I’ll let the pics do the talking .

Not again ! Front end off ,plus the cooling fans to give me more room .

Out with the old in with the new , you can see how worn the brushes are .

New regulator fitted too the alternator .

I started the van up and happy days , good steady voltage at idle.

Best bit ,no battery light ( check out the mileage )

A nice bit of old school mechanics , how many people would have just gone out and bought another alternator ? I’ve managed to fix mine for a fraction of the cost of a recon unit , just for info I did check the alternator bearings aswell.

Sent from my iPad using Just T4s
      Lovely job Kev. What was the regulator spare pn# you bought - might put one in the spares kit for a rainy day! Although the 150A alt is on my 2do list.
      Can you refurb the reg & bushes you took off...?
      Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s
      Last edited by Activ8; 15 July 2018, 10:11 AM.

Comment

• You used to be able to get the brush's and spring's so you should be able to refurb the regulator.....I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
          Lovely job Kev. What was the regulator spare pn# you bought - might put one in the spares kit for a rainy day! Although the 150A alt is on my 2do list.
          Can you refurb the reg & bushes you took off...?
          It’s a Bosch regulator part numbers are BR14-MO , F 0OM 145 225 , it looks like a sealed unit , but I’m sure you could drill the tabs off it and fit new brushes .

Comment

• Great job. Thanks for sharing.

And is that mileage correct? 306k miles is pretty impressive.

Comment

• Originally posted by frenchdna View Post
              Great job. Thanks for sharing.

And is that mileage correct? 306k miles is pretty impressive.
              Thanks , it may help other members in the future with alternator problems , yep mileage is correct , it has a good service history which has helped , it runs nice and drives tidy too , 2.5tdi AJT engine , I never worry about the mileage of a vehicle , but 306k miles did concern me a bit at the time , but two long test drives put my mind at rest .

Comment

• 306k,miles...that's mint!!! I've got crazy idea of getting mine up to 500k. But that's all subject to Thursday's diagnoses, as it a bit poorly at the mo.

Cheers.

Comment

It’s a Bosch regulator part numbers are BR14-MO , F 0OM 145 225 , it looks like a sealed unit , but I’m sure you could drill the tabs off it and fit new brushes .
                  Hi Kev. Had a few minutes this morning to follow up on the regulator. Found a British company called Parlex selling the regulators. Here's a link to Amazon for anyone else interested £21.97 delivered. 3 year warranty.

Transporter Passat Bora Polo Golf IV Alternator Regulator Bosch Type https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07F3B8W..._PgdwBbGY2BWFR

Comment

Hi Kev. Had a few minutes this morning to follow up on the regulator. Found a British company called Parlex selling the regulators. Here's a link to Amazon for anyone else interested £21.97 delivered. 3 year warranty.

Transporter Passat Bora Polo Golf IV Alternator Regulator Bosch Type https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07F3B8W..._PgdwBbGY2BWFR

Good work Rob , I found one on eBay £25 delivered and it was a genuine Bosch , I’ll defiantly add the company to my contacts list , hopefully your post will help other members too.

Comment

Good work Rob , I found one on eBay £25 delivered and it was a genuine Bosch , I’ll defiantly add the company to my contacts list , hopefully your post will help other members too.
                      Cheapest Bosch was £31 so you did well, but hopefully it'll help someone ' thanks for posting the Bosch numbers as that really helped.

Comment

hopefully it'll help someone ' thanks for posting the Bosch numbers as that really helped.

No problem , if it helps someone within the T4 community that’s good .

Comment

• Time for an update , hhhhhmmm onto the inside of the van .
                          What I thought was a solid van was far from it when I took the standard floor lining off .

The step area is not looking too clever

I had a dig about and a clean up around the area .

Cut out the rot and made some plates up and began welding .

The rest of the floor needs welding too , I’ve ordered a repair panel from vw heritage , I could’ve just plated it but wanted the contour of the floor too match , as luck would have it these are the only holes I could find .

Lots of surface rust by the rear door .

Hopefully more updates during the coming week .

Last edited by Fruitbat; 19 August 2018, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Time for an update , hhhhhmmm onto the inside of the van .
                            What I thought was a solid van was far from it when I toke the standard floor lining off .

The step area not looking too clever

I had a dig about and a clean up around the area .

Cut out the rot and made some plates up and began welding .

The rest of the floor needs welding too , I’ve ordered a repair panel from vw heritage , I could’ve just plated it but wanted the contour of the floor too match , as luck would have it these are the only holes I could find .

Lots of surface rust by the rear door .

Hopefully more updates during the coming week .

It's a ball ache Kev but you are doing a cracking job, your 4 wheeled lady will pay you back for the TLC....

Comment

• That's looking better Kev, said it would be worth it. Give that area by the barn doors a good clean up as you'll get surface rust from the scuffing of putting things in and out of a work van.

Comment

• Looks,good fruitbat. Welding is something that I want to learn in time.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Comment

Working...
                                X