No announcement yet.

Shed Seven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its only a little trip in a T4 whats the matter with them?

Comment

The people that wont travel not the seats.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
        The people that wont travel not the seats.
        Nothing wrong with the seats , people won’t travel .

Comment

That's what I meant.

Comment

I gave the van a dam good wash ,as there’s one thing I hate is a dirty vehicle ,also the van is retiring from being my daily driver as my car now has an mot .

At least I won’t have too use the van with the faulty alternator .

Sent from my iPad using Just T4s

Comment

Clean and shiney and looking good Kev.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                Clean and shiney and looking good Kev.

Thanks Rob , it looks better in the pics than it does in the metal ,but it’s a nice straight van , once I sort the mechanical side of things I can concentrate on bodywork and goodies , although I may possible be colour coding my bumpers myself soon if the alternator proves to be a cheap fix , regulator ordered ,I’m a bit concerned it maybe the wrong reg, but I have a back up plan .

Funnily enough I was driving the car home and thought I’m going to miss driving the van on a daily basis .
                Last edited by Fruitbat; 11 July 2018, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
                  Funnily enough I was driving the car home and thought I’m going to miss driving the van on a daily basis .
                  Get it fixed and dump the Ford!

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                    Get it fixed and dump the Ford!

I’d love too but it’s depressing me seeing the van getting coated in crap at my workplace , I’d end up washing it everyday .

Comment

• A nice cheap fix for a change , my battery light came on last week and when I checked the voltage it was irregular.

I looked at the cost of buying a replacement alternator but they are a tad expensive even with returning your old unit.

I trawled the internet for a new regulator , I managed to find a genuine Bosch part for £25 delivered , which I thought was a bargain compared to replacing the unit , I’ll let the pics do the talking .

Not again ! Front end off ,plus the cooling fans to give me more room .

Out with the old in with the new , you can see how worn the brushes are .

New regulator fitted too the alternator .

I started the van up and happy days , good steady voltage at idle.

Best bit ,no battery light ( check out the mileage )

A nice bit of old school mechanics , how many people would have just gone out and bought another alternator ? I’ve managed to fix mine for a fraction of the cost of a recon unit , just for info I did check the alternator bearings aswell.

Sent from my iPad using Just T4s
                      Last edited by Fruitbat; 14 July 2018, 08:34 PM.

Comment

• Good job always nice to get a good result!! Was it just an unbolt job or did it need soldering?

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• That's it, I always try and get a regulator/brush pack for folk if possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonnybigballs85 View Post
                            Good job always nice to get a good result!! Was it just an unbolt job or did it need soldering?

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                            It was just a bolt on part , no soldering required .

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                              That's it, I always try and get a regulator/brush pack for folk if possible.
                              I’ve rebuilt a few starter motors in my time too , a little bit more tricky.

Comment

• Happy days mate, I love a cheaper fix, it helps make the day [emoji16]

Sell my T4 !!! I'd rather stick wasps up my butt.

Comment

Working...
                                X