No announcement yet.

Jah Van

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a little motor vehicle repair workshop. And access to my dads fabraction....almost engineering workshop. So am happy to have a go as the time spent doesent matter. want to do sill bars and stuff just for the pleasure of having done myself.

Comment

Last edited by Hoopdub; 19 October 2018, 09:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
        I have a little motor vehicle repair workshop. And access to my dads fabraction....almost engineering workshop. So am happy to have a go as the time spent doesent matter. want to do sill bars and stuff just for the pleasure of having done myself.
        Sounds good mate, agree with you on the pleasure of doing it yourself!
        I was going to attempt to make some side bars but god knows where my pipe bender is!
        I only have a hand bender and the largest pipe I can do is 22mm so way too small.
        Give them a go mate!!
        [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• The swivel looks quite low - have you checked the drivers side one for clearance on the handbrake when it swivels?

Are the seat belt receivers on the seats or mounted to the frame - mine were on the seat and I was paranoid that in an accident the force on the seatbelt would cause the seat to swivel and the belt to go slack. I added a positive stop so the seats will now only swivel in one direction and not quite a full 360 degrees which is no bother as you only normally need to turn 180 degrees.

Watch for the drivers side seat rails carving a chunk out of the door pocket, I have to open my door a touch and will shorten the seat rails one day....

Comment

Last edited by Hoopdub; 19 October 2018, 09:27 AM.

Comment

• Brilliant build thread mate [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Just T4s

Comment

Last edited by Hoopdub; 19 October 2018, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

• Things are looking up then, no?
                      Great thread, really enjoying it. Thanks.
                      Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
                        Things are looking up then, no?
                        Great thread, really enjoying it. Thanks.
                        Seconded...

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoopdub View Post
                          im going to have to find a different receiver wire rope mounted that will take the t4 buckle.
                          Passat ones.

Comment

Comment

Last edited by Hoopdub; 19 October 2018, 09:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoopdub View Post
                                Up early and out to play early. Wipped out the drivers seat this morning and test fitted the hybrid. Fit is bang on. But its no good in the drivers side. Hits steering wheel and/or the B pillar. Was expecting this. So then to try it on the nearside. Out with the double. In with this.

Much better. Clears everything and is dooable (granted you would have to tuck) while still sat in it.
                                Please note the bottom seat foam is not fixed to the base here as it is still in mock up stage thats why it moves in the video when i push it a bit to swivel the seat. Its not wobble [emoji23]

https://youtu.be/EnFgv7czQIs

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Just T4s
                                If you're keeping the inca seat style, could you fit a two door type drivers seat frame so it quickly folds forwards? Golf Mk3/4? The trial and error plus the background "how to solve this" noise is a buzz... keep up the great progress...[emoji869]

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

Working...
                                X