No announcement yet.

Dual purpose van.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found this brown crusty paint here, not sure what this stuff is.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
    Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• To continue with the theme and to hide the brush strokes I have given it a woodgrain finish. Not to everybody's taste but I build what I like and not what pleased everybody else. Make your own van your way.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

• The rubber seal is shot to pieces from all the glass that has been loaded in and out previously. The money they want for a new one is outrageous and not worth the pain for this old junker so a redneck repair is on the cards.
        I spend hours super gluing all the rips and tears up and give it a wipe over with cherry blossom. I finally got finished at 10:30 pm and I couldn't see a thing by the time I got through.

It's amazing how much shit these hold.

Comment

• I think one more hand and this should be ready to refit. Today I shall put it all back together.
          The next job is to fix the reverse camera that works when it feels like it (dodgy earth, I think) touch up the tail board and refit the mosi net.

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
            To continue with the theme and to hide the brush strokes I have given it a woodgrain finish. Not to everybody's taste but I build what I like and not what pleased everybody else. Make your own van your way.
            Could agree more mate.

Comment

• As always - simply brilliant Arf.

Comment

• All back together before the sun gets up in the sky.

Comment

• Today when I got back from camping I pushed on with the rear end makeover. We sit outside under the tailgate until the early hours listening to music (reggae, ska or reggaeton for what it's worth) and a lamp would be handy as the lights inside the van don't really help. Another down lighter needed to be added. Whilst I'm at that i decided to cut grooves into the two taigate boards to give the impression that they are made up of individual planks, like the ones inside. Since i was doing this I took the opportunity to paint the speaker grilles as they were too silver for my likeing. I aimed for a dirty tarnished copper effect. A quick blast over with a drop of paint to blend it all together and its ready to refit.
                  Just need to do the wiring for the lamp and find out why the reverse camera doesn't work again. I will also insulate the tailgate too. Gonna be a busy week ahead.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200712_211546.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	790.8 KB
ID:	304970Click image for larger version

Name:	20200712_211558.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	743.5 KB
ID:	304971

Comment

• WOW. This thread was on page three this time. Still, now the sun has gone its the season of van jobs to begin again.
                    Starting with the wheels. I'm booked in for Saturday for 5 new tyres so I had to finish these off. I predicted I would end up painting them black so that's what I did. I didn't have them powder coated despite the fact I don't have to pay for it because when I chip them or scratch them I can just grab a rattle can and dust them back over.

Comment

• Photos of them fitted on Saturday.
                      Another thing I was keen to change is the dash. I didn't really like the wood effect because the varnish was turning yellow due to the heat so I stole an idea from tommo1366 and used stone paint.
                      I've clear lacquered over them to try and stop the bits or "stone" falling off. I need to tidy them up a bit but overall I'm happy. Next project is a wooden blind for the back window to do away with the homenaje curtain.
                      ​​​​​​​I also enclose a photo of a rock that looks like a red Indian, sorry....sorry....native American. Just so you can compare the false stone paint.
                      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

• I like it and really, that's all that matters. Build a van that you like, not what others would like.
                        When people laugh at you for being different, laugh at them because they are all the fucking same.

Comment

WOW. This thread was on page three this time. Still, now the sun has gone its the season of van jobs to begin again.
                          Starting with the wheels. I'm booked in for Saturday for 5 new tyres so I had to finish these off. I predicted I would end up painting them black so that's what I did. I didn't have them powder coated despite the fact I don't have to pay for it because when I chip them or scratch them I can just grab a rattle can and dust them back over.
                          Those will look great on the van Arf.
                          Look forward to seeing them fitted and transforming the van looks.

Comment

I like it and really, that's all that matters. Build a van that you like, not what others would like.
                            When people laugh at you for being different, laugh at them because they are all the fucking same.
                            Absolutely.

Comment

• UPDATE.
                              Rims don't fit and the knobbly tyres they took it on themselves to buy van tyres. So now on the lookout for more rims and I will use this set for itvs only..
                              Cured.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20210627-WA0006.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	327029 Wow! I had to find this thread on page 4. I should do more with this van and try to bring it on a bit instead of messing about with frivolous projects.....which is why I wasted several hours painting our camping fridge. ​​​​​​

It was previously battered, dented and, had a blue handprint on the front where my mates son, Tino, had been pissing about with a spray can he found when he was 4. This is all in addition to the usual surface rust where the powder coating had been breached.

Mrs FA was unhappy and embarrassed by it.

A trip to the Chinese shop for masking tape and rattle cans later:

Name:	IMG-20210627-WA0002.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	245.8 KB
ID:	327023

Name:	IMG-20210627-WA0001.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	220.9 KB
ID:	327024Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20210627-WA0003.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	155.4 KB
ID:	327025Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20210627-WA0000.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	143.2 KB
ID:	327026

A bit of fake rust just to annoy her

Name:	IMG-20210627-WA0007.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	327027

I used the old badge from when I switched the grill to badgeless.

Name:	IMG-20210627-WA0005.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	327028

Done. I cheap upgrade. My favorite kind.

Comment

Working...
                                X