No announcement yet.

Dual purpose van.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me about it. Last thing I need is to be wandering around the rock all day scratching my arse (well, more than usual anyway ).
    Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Arfur,

Should your surname be fox-ache rather than fox-acre?

Comment

• It's the same with my accent. Still, it's about time somebody got the joke......so congratulations for that Reg

Comment

• Does "twin slider" refer to it having 2 sliding side doors, one either side as I've seen on some T5's?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dunc View Post
            Does "twin slider" refer to it having 2 sliding side doors, one either side as I've seen on some T5's?
            Yeah there's quite a few t4 twin sliders out there I've had one before.
            dyslexics are teople poo

Comment

• Yep my caravelles a Twinslider.....[emoji41][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• It's quite usefull when camping and it's hot, let's a good breeze through. Which is handy if, for example, you just painted your roof black and its hotter than a smackheads spoon outside.

Comment

• Cack, I take it it's made a bit of a difference then, at least you don't have to cook your smack now [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• Yep, it's insanely hot.
                    I'm spending four days in it soon.....let's see how that pans out.

Comment

• Now, I haven't done much to the fat old lump lately (the van, that is.....Just to be clear).
                      What with work and festivals and the bars, it's tough to find the time. Anyway, I have a little progress.
                      Aside the new battery and alternator and the impending itv he hasn't cost me much for a change, but this is the life, no?
                      So. Door cards.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170802_200909_resized_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	261579

Comment

• As you can see I painted the top halves. I will put another coat later but for now I want to carpet the bottom halves.

Name:	20170802_200840_resized_1.jpg
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	261580
                        So Chinese shop carpet stuff again, same as the a pillars.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20170802_201239_resized_1.jpg
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	261581

The first thing to do is to give them a good clean, but I can't be bothered so straight on to cutting fabric.

Name:	20170802_201702_resized_1.jpg
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	261582

Remember to leave enough fabric to overlap the edges of you want it that way. I don't. Notice I haven't left copius amounts over - don't want to lose my northern pass just incase I ever want to pop back.

Name:	20170802_200927_resized_1.jpg
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	261583

These will be my weapons of choice. So deep breaths and always do this in a well vented area.
                          Abuse solvents responsibly.

Comment

Name:	20170802_202006_resized_1.jpg
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	261584

See how I marked off the area I don't want glue, this part I took seriously.

Name:	20170802_203218_resized_1.jpg
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	261585

Glue applied and patted down. I snip the corners like this and find it helps. I then stick it down and leave it 24 hours. I find that it's easier to trim the edges when it's all stuck good. I'm in no rush ,after all.

Comment

• So my attention turns to the pocket for the driver's side.

Name:	20170802_200854_resized_1.jpg
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	261586

It's one of those things you lot all go crazy for. T4s are rare in the scrap yards here but I always keep an eye out for these. IF I get one I will let you all know and get it to you on a no profit basis.

Name:	20170802_204958_resized_1.jpg
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	261587

As you can see. Mine is fucked any way. This I will repair soon as I have other cunning plans afoot for this. But for know, as everything is out, I want to cover it.

Comment

Name:	20170802_210809_resized_1.jpg
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	261588

Again, clean it well for best results....or just don't if you don't care.

Remember this please, this van is for me and will never be sold so some poor unsuspecting bastard won't get landed with my bodges. Ever.

Glue it up and cover in carpet.

Name:	20170802_211920_resized_1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	261589

Comment

Working...
                                X