No announcement yet.

Intorducing.... The Fag Bus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks a good fix to me dude , lucky you handy with tools well done [emoji106][emoji869]

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

That cardboard bracket will never hold mate. Hope you are soon on the mend, was flicking tho, posts the other day and thought we hadn't heard much about the fag bus of late.Good to see you back at it.

Comment

Camo green? wanted to do our bumpers and roof nato woodland camo but Molly said no way!

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
          Camo green? wanted to do our bumpers and roof nato woodland camo but Molly said no way!
          I'm still undecided on wether to go the whole hog and prep and paint the van properly (as well as you can in a dirty unit anyway) or to just prep the major dents and rust and roller it.

So basically over a drunken conversation at bus fest I find out my mate (who's ex military) still knows someone I didn't ask where that has access to a military stores... hence then dreaming up a military/swamper theme. My mate loves the whole swamped thing but I still prefer a van looking low even if it's not as sensible, useable... etc

I was thinking willies jeep.. with all the graphics but as with everything you can possibly think of it's been done!

My other deciding factor on the bodywork is that the van came to me with 12 months mot so the longer it takes the more I'm missing out on and we're looking to move house next year and an empty van would be very handy.

Comment

Decisions decisions 😌

Sent from my LG-H870 using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by 89Rallye View Post
              I'm still undecided on wether to go the whole hog and prep and paint the van properly (as well as you can in a dirty unit anyway) or to just prep the major dents and rust and roller it.

So basically over a drunken conversation at bus fest I find out my mate (who's ex military) still knows someone I didn't ask where that has access to a military stores... hence then dreaming up a military/swamper theme. My mate loves the whole swamped thing but I still prefer a van looking low even if it's not as sensible, useable... etc

I was thinking willies jeep.. with all the graphics but as with everything you can possibly think of it's been done!

My other deciding factor on the bodywork is that the van came to me with 12 months mot so the longer it takes the more I'm missing out on and we're looking to move house next year and an empty van would be very handy.
              Not quite British military green but I parked near this on Friday and thought this is nice, German Bundeswehr Green?

everything we*hear is an opinion,*not a fact.*
              everything we see is a perspective,*not the truth

Comment

After seeing the pictures i am scared to lift the carpet in mine. [emoji23] nice work mate

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Not far off. With Deutsche Bundeswehr green . [emoji108] brilliant

Comment

Comment

This was what I was thinking, right down to the numbers on the wing..

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8201.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	262191

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8202.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	262192

They executed my idea perfectly lol

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                        Not quite British military green but I parked near this on Friday and thought this is nice, German Bundeswehr Green?

Doesn't even look green to me - looks very close to mine L469 Anthracite grey - or could be Audi Nimbus grey - I'd say the latter....

Oh and you could have picked up the W terminal connection on the old alt - just a single wire connected to one of the three stator windings
                        Last edited by regcheeseman; 20 November 2017, 12:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                          Doesn't even look green to me - looks very close to mine L469 Anthracite grey - or could be Audi Nimbus grey - I'd say the latter....

Oh and you could have picked up the W terminal connection on the old alt - just a single wire connected to one of the three stator windings
                          It definately looked green in the flesh but you could be right based on the pic... there was a grey Golf parked next to it and the two colours were very different. Nice colour either way... have you painted yours anthracite or bought it this way? Think it would be my choice given a full respray opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                            That would be too easy though, i wanted to retain the stock wiring harness plugs and that leaking plastic top water hose connection to the block that I had to replace had been spraying water all over the old alternator and it was in a right state. So I opted for the newer later unit.

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                              have you painted yours anthracite or bought it this way?
                              Painted by me, on the drive in an ebay gazebo

Comment

Grand job, and great colour. What do you carry on the roof rack or is it a styling choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X