Big Blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jonnybigballs85 View Post
    Robbie how did you do that? Was that a relay for each side?

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
    No, i bought a pair of drl/turn leds from ebay and took them apart to get to all the led’s.
    Then dismantled the head lights and removed the drl led’s and lined up and fixed the new led’s ( which is a fiddly job) and tested!

Their very bright!

Comment

Originally posted by robbie#t4 View Post
      No, i bought a pair of drl/turn leds from ebay and took them apart to get to all the led’s.
      Then dismantled the head lights and removed the drl led’s and lined up and fixed the new led’s ( which is a fiddly job) and tested!

Their very bright!

Looks really smart well worth the time!!!

Comment

Nice job looks good

Sent from my LG-H870 using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnybigballs85 View Post
          Looks really smart well worth the time!!!

Yeah it was worth it, i tried to upload a video but it won’t have any of it! ( iphone )

Comment

Originally posted by robbie#t4 View Post
            Yeah it was worth it, i tried to upload a video but it won’t have any of it! ( iphone )

Only way I figured out how to do video is to upload it to YouTube as an unlisted video, copy the URL and post that. [emoji1303]

Tom.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirfbum View Post
              Only way I figured out how to do video is to upload it to YouTube as an unlisted video, copy the URL and post that. [emoji1303]

Tom.
              Ah ok, thanks Tom [emoji1303]

Comment

Big Blue

Haven’t been doing much to Big Blue since it got dark every evening. But been slowly ordering and accumulating stuff including:
                1) set of black 16” Vito steels
                2) Allard EGR delete pipe kit
                3) three stretchy cargo / storage net things to fix to walls (for kids junk).
                4) switch for DRLs - to fit into one of the dash blanks so I can turn them off.
                5) new seatbelt for R&R bed (daughter managed to rip the belt out the last one and break the spring!)
                6) service stuff- fuel filter, air filters etc. It’s about that time.
                7) new silicone tubing for all vacuum lines

So many things, so little time with the lack of light in the evenings now!!!

Comment

One box of black wheel bolts has arrived ready for the steel wheel fittings!

Tom

Comment

I take it the ones for your alloys were longer. Lucky for me mine us same length bolts, easy to get caught out with a puncture.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                      I take it the ones for your alloys were longer. Lucky for me mine us same length bolts, easy to get caught out with a puncture.
                      Yes. Plus the ones for the alloys were silver. Also wanted black to match the colour of the rims. Even though I’m likely to put caps on anyway.

Tom

Comment

• Just painted our steels black and putting on for winter.

Comment

• First upgrade of the day complete. Upgraded a copper part to a gold one [emoji1303]

Tom

Comment

• Big Blue

Second upgrade of the day!

Take that out...

Hole...

Hello mr Allard.

For the eagle eyed, I’ve had to leave the EGR pipe in situ temporarily. Nuts are rusted solid- will dive back in and attack that soon.

Now, spot my mistake- more on this later...

Connect a few more bits back up. By the way, this is my new favourite tool- gets those pesky spring clips off without losing finger skin!

So.. a second mistake - can anyone spot it??

Road test time.

Starts - [emoji736]

Revs- [emoji736]

Drives - [emoji736]

Oh wait- turbo not working! I’ve fucked it !!!! Nooooooooooo!

Back to the drive. So this is where my second mistake came to fruition. Did you spot it?

That’s right. Hadn’t plugged the electric sensor thingy (technical term, google it) back in to the intercooler.

Plugged it back in and take 2....

It works! POWEEEEEEEEER!

Quick whizz round the block and all is well.

Yipeeeeeee!!! I AM A MECHANICAL GOD!!!!!!!

One last blap on the accelerator to check the revs....

BANG..... HISSSSSSSSSSSSSS

BALLS!!!!!!

So a slow drive back on the last 200 yards, keep revs low....

Popped the bonnet- any guesses? Refer to my first mistake here people!

So - the spring clips which I so lovingly moved using my favourite new tool?

The Allard kit comes with a nice heavy duty pipe clip- “what’s that for” I thought, “I’ve already got the spring clips.

So it seems the spring clips aren’t any good for holding the intercooler pipe on the Allard kit! The bastard had shot off. Must be all that power! [emoji23]

So I’ll be reconnecting that then! Hope I haven’t ballsed anything up, time will tell I guess!

I took out way less than Reg, doesn’t even look like I had an anti shudder valve!!!!

Tom
                            Last edited by Sirfbum; 17 November 2017, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• Refitted, this time with the bigger pipe clip!

Comment

• That's it we all live and learn. Jolly handy those spring clip tools.

Comment

Working...
                                X