You got a link to them Tom?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Just T4s
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/262493704302

Tom.

Comment

Originally posted by sarahw1984 View Post
      I love cherry blossom?

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
      Haha- love the random picture choosing on the latest posts feed!

Tom.

Comment

G reat idea....im getting some cherry blossom...thanx guys...

Come rain or shine im out in mine!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Just T4s

Comment

Cherry Blossomed! Need sugar soap as well to clean it up before hand! Still in the process of doing my dash but was lazy on the prep and paying for it now!

Comment

Originally posted by Sirfbum View Post
            Do the bulbs fit into the indicators okay? Can't tell too well from the pictures how they fit... 🤔

'00 1.9TDI LWB, '87 Mk2 Golf 16v

Wheel or tyre question? Just ask, it's what i do!

Comment

Originally posted by Adventure Van View Post
              Do the bulbs fit into the indicators okay? Can't tell too well from the pictures how they fit... [emoji848]

You and be both mate! I think you pull out the existing bulb holders and grommet from the indicator. The new bulb has grommet built in so goes in its place. Then it connects to the old bulb holder inside the engine bay (via a transformer for each light).
              There is then a cable that connects both bulbs to each other with a power cable running of to whatever source you connect for the DRL part to Work (with inline fuse).

Tom.

Comment

You and be both mate! I think you pull out the existing bulb holders and grommet from the indicator. The new bulb has grommet built in so goes in its place. Then it connects to the old bulb holder inside the engine bay (via a transformer for each light).
                There is then a cable that connects both bulbs to each other with a power cable running of to whatever source you connect for the DRL part to Work (with inline fuse).

Tom.
                Sounds a piece of cake! [emoji33]

🇬🇧 Home Is Where You Park It.

Comment

Originally posted by Davetip75 View Post
                  Sounds a piece of cake! [emoji33]

[emoji636] Home Is Where You Park It.
                  Theres every chance that these will end up in the “box of stuff to get around to at some point when I have time”.

Sent from my iPad using Just T4s

Comment

Tom.
                    Tom, they are not transformers mate but loading resistors. Looks like 6 ohms a piece at 50w. I would imagine they are to balance out the indicator circuit at the led’s are such a low load they would cause the indicator to flash funny like when you have a bulb blown. The gold resisters will get warm when the indicators are used (not a massive issue unless you use hazards a lot) so be careful where you mount them and I would suggest maybe screw them to the chassis somewhere to help dissipate the heat. It won’t get hot when the drl section is on as that just needs the 12v feed. Mine haven’t turned up yet. If you get a minute can you please see how well they fit In the back of the indicators??

Cheers.

Comment

Big Blue

Originally posted by Jonnybigballs85 View Post
                      Tom, they are not transformers mate but loading resistors .....
                      .....The gold resistors will get warm when used.....
                      .....I would suggest maybe screw them to the chassis somewhere to help dissipate the heat.......
                      .....If you get a minute can you please see how well they fit In the back of the indicators??
                      [/url]
                      Cheers- Funny, I meant resistor but thanks for correcting.

So just did a quick fit and test on indicator only mode (not wired in the DRL part).

Easy fit- the bulb just pushes in the back of the indicator lense and seals ok. Only gripe is that the end of the new bulb more or less touches the front of the indicator lense.

Then you connect to the original bulb socket. Just tucked all the gubbings inside and stuck the hazards on- works and is brighter than the other side:

After running for about 30 seconds the resistors were quite warm, bordering on hot- so as Mr BigBalls says, will have to be careful mounting them. Could mount where they are here (just up a little bit) but will poke around- want to make sure they are away from anything plastic or wires etc!

Tom.
                      Last edited by Sirfbum; 7 October 2017, 01:54 PM.

Comment

And found 10 minutes to add a second coat of cherry blossom to the front bumper. Front and back bumpers for comparison (front was same colour before I started)

Tom.

Comment

Loving this post...getting some ov this new bumper treatment...everything else fades ..

Come rain or shine im out in mine!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Just T4s

Comment

Big Blue

Fitted my Switchback DRLs finally!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTWaIsEZSlY

Sent from my iPad using Just T4s
                            Last edited by Sirfbum; 14 October 2017, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Yes Tom! Looking great!
                              I might get a set of these too!
                              I did a drl/turn mod on the drl head lights! Just like an audi now [emoji12]

Comment

Originally posted by robbie#t4 View Post
                                Yes Tom! Looking great!
                                I might get a set of these too!
                                I did a drl/turn mod on the drl head lights! Just like an audi now [emoji12]

Robbie how did you do that? Was that a relay for each side?

Comment

Working...
                                X