No announcement yet.

And so it begins........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks fab really enjoy reading your journey. Congratulations and hope there's a good outcome on the wheels. Amazing how well the paint work has come out [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Just T4s
    dyslexics are teople poo

Comment

• The thing with the paint I can't get past is these were old vans. The paint can't have been a priority all those years ago. It's not as if they are exotic sports cars, and yet they come up like this?

Imagine what he could do with some proper paint, something put on carefully. Imagine what he could do to your van Kaz
      Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Originally posted by robbie#t4 View Post
        Just caught up with reading this thread! First, congrats on tying the knot dude! [emoji16]
        Secondly, i have really enjoyed the reading, all the ups and downs, proper little journey! Be watching with interest to see how the inside progresses [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
        Thanks buddy! Got a full day on the inside this Saturday so hopefully see some positive progress!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by kaz View Post
          Looks fab really enjoy reading your journey. Congratulations and hope there's a good outcome on the wheels. Amazing how well the paint work has come out [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Just T4s
          Thanks Kaz. OG paint is cracking. It’s hard compared to most other countries manufacturers and a solid rather than clear over base so pretty easy too get good results from a bit of practice!

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
            The thing with the paint I can't get past is these were old vans. The paint can't have been a priority all those years ago. It's not as if they are exotic sports cars, and yet they come up like this?

Imagine what he could do with some proper paint, something put on carefully. Imagine what he could do to your van Kaz
            Same paint process as cars back then mate. OG paint is hard as nails so responds well to the polisher

Comment

• It’s looking spot on mate! I think my old van has had a lick of paint to freshen it up at some point. I would not have the confidence to mop it incase it burnt through.
              Although it’s a bit late congratulations on the recent wedding mate!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonnybigballs85 View Post
                It’s looking spot on mate! I think my old van has had a lick of paint to freshen it up at some point. I would not have the confidence to mop it incase it burnt through.
                Although it’s a bit late congratulations on the recent wedding mate!!

Thanks mate. Polishing is pretty straight forward. If in doubt use a DA instead of a rotary. Very forgiving. Loads of vids on YouTube too

Comment

• Originally posted by t7myp View Post
                  bit of tight beading too! Where are you in the country buddy??

Buckinghamshire. Not far from Oxford.

Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by Sirfbum View Post
                    Buckinghamshire. Not far from Oxford.

Tom
                    Damn! I’d have given you a hand if you’d been closer!!

Comment

Damn! I’d have given you a hand if you’d been closer!!

Thanks mate. Next time I’m up t’ north!

Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by Sirfbum View Post
                        Thanks mate. Next time I’m up t’ north!

Tom
                        Done!!!!!

Comment

• So after a lot of messing about......... we finally have new wheels. Picking up on Saturday. I’ll be giving them a lick of sparkle silver and lacquer before they go on Range Rover Sport 19”. Should look awesome on the van.

Comment

• Originally posted by tommo1366 View Post
                            I dare not cut and polish mine with a machine as it’s had a bit of a shonky respray at some point ( in a great colour mind ) and I reckon the paint will come off.

Where are you buddy? I can have a look if you relatively nearby and tell you what it’s like?

Comment

• Have you got adapters for them?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Where are you buddy? I can have a look if you relatively nearby and tell you what it’s like?

Honiton mate so a fair trek!

Slowly slowly catchy monkey!

Comment

Working...
                                X