Windscreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
    I did mine with a 2 foot piece of box with a stanley knife blade welded to the end and just cut it round.

When the bloke came to re-fit it for me, he said "how did you get that out in one piece, they are a pig to do"

I showed him my 2 foot tool, he was suitably impressed.

Go arfur have that one on me......
    Click image for larger version

Name:	finbarr_saunders_viz_400x400.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	263732

Does sound like a shank though.....bit of E wing engineering.
    Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Originally posted by Thebigredone View Post
      I had a company quote me £120 ish but wouldn't take any blame if it got broken, that would just leave me in the shit so I didn't bother.

Sell my T4 !!! I'd rather stick wasps up my butt.
      Wow that sounds like a complete stitch up lol

Sent from The Bat phone Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Spug103 View Post
        Wow that sounds like a complete stitch up lol

Sent from The Bat phone Just T4s
        Yea I thought exactly that mate, they only replace a broken screen if it's new bought from them!!! I knew what would be coming, "sorry mate it broke we can do you one for £300", I couldnt be arsed with all that.

Sell my T4 !!! I'd rather stick wasps up my butt.

Comment

It's not really a stitch up, or that uncommon. Look at it from their point of view. Would you like to take responsibility for the screen given the high probability it may break. A rule of thumb in glazing is you charge the client up to three times the net cost of the glass (depending on type and probability of breakage). Like this you are covered for the inevitable.
          It is very difficult to remove sometimes, try to get somebody else to remove it, I bet they all tell you the same unless the quote is around 400 pounds.
          Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Cannot recall exactly what our windscreen excess cover (£100?) is but might it be more cost effective to stick the ballpein (read bird strike) gently through it?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

Not got windscreen on our motor trade mate. Tried it years ago when I got sparks imbedded in a client screen while doing a welding job. Want to do myself anyway.

Comment

I know this isn’t windscreen removal related but has any one used sand blasting for removing rust, (around the screen). I’m guessing it will remove rust in any hard to get places and also get into any pits.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

It does, when the old chap restores a car he always has the shell/chassis sandblasted. It sometimes goes thro metal that looks fine. there are cabinets for doing small stuff, its difficult to do localised bits on a vehicle that's not stripped bare.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
                    It does, when the old chap restores a car he always has the shell/chassis sandblasted. It sometimes goes thro metal that looks fine. there are cabinets for doing small stuff, its difficult to do localised bits on a vehicle that's not stripped bare.
                    Could it be used for arches or small patches on sills?

Comment

You can get spray gun sized sand blasters that would do that.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
                        You can get spray gun sized sand blasters that would do that.
                        I've got one for my compressor but it's only really any good in a confined space with a collector for small components. Never tried it on panels or cills. I suppose you could knock up a boarded booth to confine the general target area.

Comment

We (dad) used to have our own sandblaster, ex army unit ran it off an ex army compressor run by a PTO off an old grey Fergie tractor. Had to have the throttle pulled wide open to keep up with the air the blaster needed. Would of skinned your hand if you were dull enough to point it at yourself. And you had to wear a space suit to operate the fecker.

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                            I've got one for my compressor but it's only really any good in a confined space with a collector for small components. Never tried it on panels or cills. I suppose you could knock up a boarded booth to confine the general target area.

Yer I’ve seen the compressor type ones, can you get a more direct nozzle for it.

Comment

Originally posted by chally69 View Post
                              Yer I’ve seen the compressor type ones, can you get a more direct nozzle for it.

I think mine just adjusts at the nozzle (?) Great for components.

Comment

Originally posted by chally69 View Post

They are pretty localised in their cleaning. The problem with doing round the screen is that you'd find it difficult to stop the abrasive medium from getting inside the cab

Sent from my vernee_M5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X