T4 Quad Headlight Project .......... latest update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
    but it's a monkey though...stuff the drinks....can't be alcohol anyway so what's the point?
    Mr & Mrs Tommo keep their monkey doing what monkeys do best!

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
      Mr & Mrs Tommo keep their monkey doing what monkeys do best!

I loved those old adverts! The best one was the road workers, “Don’t strain yaself ‘arry! He couldn’t strain a cuppa tea!!” They’re on on YouTube

Couldn’t get away with it these days, animal rights activists would have a field day

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Snowrider View Post
        I loved those old adverts! The best one was the road workers, “Don’t strain yaself ‘arry! He couldn’t strain a cuppa tea!!” They’re on on YouTube

Couldn’t get away with it these days, animal rights activists would have a field day

Never mind the Animal Rights, Equity (the Actors Trade Union) would have a field day..... followed by a tea party! [emoji6]

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
          Never mind the Animal Rights, Equity (the Actors Trade Union) would have a field day..... followed by a tea party! [emoji6]

Would that be a ‘chimps tea party’

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonnybigballs85 View Post
            Would that be a ‘chimps tea party’

[emoji108] [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

• Hi chaps,

My headlight cover design didn't quite go according to plan I'm afraid guys ..................... One thing that did concern me in the beginning was, just how clear could I vacuum form transparent sheets of plastic. In the automotive industry these things are usually manufactured using an injection moulding process. So I've been running various tests on my vacuum forming machine, currently I've only tested transparent PETG, the stuff I have in stock is 'VeraLite' and I also tried 'Lumex', both have a light transparency of 92% clarity ( the rest is reflectiveness ) and are also UV protected. Next I'll try running some tests with Polycarbonate, as we speak I'm trying to get hold of sheets of 'Pulsun' Polycarbonate, apparently they make airplane windows out of the stuff! They claim it's virtually indestructible!

The result of the 'Lumex' PETG, very very clear, no distortion and no blemishes >>

Click image for larger version

Name:	2211_IMG_5590.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	265717

I was quite surprised with the results actually, as the material is in direct contact with your mould ( tooling plug ) while being formed, I thought I may of had some sort of marks left on the plastic, but it worked OK. The clarity is very good and surprisingly strong >>

Name:	2212_IMG_5603.jpg
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	265718

Unfortunately the base ( or footing ) of the plugs didn't quite form properly, I came to the conclusion that my tooling plugs were a little too high. To form the plastic sheet properly I was having to raise the temperature of the vacuum former higher than I really wanted to, and this was damaging the plastic sheet and leaving slight blemishes in the surface. So back to the drawing board so to speak! My only option was to re-design my tooling plug, it's no big deal really, I just have to remove 20 to 30mm off the base to make the plug lower and incorporate a steeper draft angle to one side >>

Name:	2207_IMG_5569.jpg
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	265719

This clear headlight cover will be the base for the twin aperture headlight covers, without it I can't work out where the two holes will be positioned.
              So I'm currently modifying my plugs, in the meantime, the sheets of Polycarbonate should arrive when the plugs are ready for some more testing.

TURK
              Yeah, baby ! ........ new Multivan 151bhp AHY 'BigBlue' ; ) >> http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1023689
              And ......... Lulu, T4 2.5 TDi short nose 126bhp > http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=276554
              The T4 Quad Headlight Project > http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=249064

Comment

• Wish i had your patience. Make sure they only available to just t4's [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

• Thanks Hans Click image for larger version

Name:	wink_thumbs-up.gif
Size:	486 Bytes
ID:	265722

Any proud T4 owner mate, about time we had decent headlights on our vans.
                  I got the short nose and the long nose, both in need of good headlights >>

Name:	004_IMG_0555.jpg
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	265723

BigBlue - My 150 MultiVan

TURK
                  Yeah, baby ! ........ new Multivan 151bhp AHY 'BigBlue' ; ) >> http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1023689
                  And ......... Lulu, T4 2.5 TDi short nose 126bhp > http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=276554
                  The T4 Quad Headlight Project > http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=249064

Comment

• Any news Mr Turk?
                    BONGO FURY - 222bhp - 390lb/ft - 16.7064 1/4
                    Are you quick enough for the T17.club?

Comment

• What ⤴️ said...#desperatelyneedturkslights

Comment

• In all honesty chaps .................... I'm struggling!
                        I'm struggling to get things to fit together correctly. With the amount of parts I have to make, getting them to fit precisely together is proving to be a tad difficult. I'm fine tuning stuff right now ........ the headlight unit mounting bracket, and the rear portion of the headlight cover must come together without any gaps in the OEM headlight retainer, a precise and solid fit is what will make these headlight assemblies last and be affective as a headlight should be. Not only structurally, but in performance also. I don't intend for these headlights to be of 'Chinese' quality!

Having said that, I know not all Chinese manufactured products are of poor quality, but I just can't stop thinking about my poor old LED DEPO style aftermarket headlights that coast me £375 a few years ago, within a year of installing them they were full of water! not to mention that they didn't fit properly! And the amount of light that they produced was actually worse than my OEM T4 headlights!

I'll keep on and on, and on, until I get it right!

TURK

Comment

• Nice work! Is it possible to buy?

Comment

• Originally posted by jirimarshal View Post
                            Nice work! Is it possible to buy?
                            Send a pm to Turk and put your name down. They'll be ready soon... ish [emoji106]

Comment

• I'm sure he'll get there. With them aimed at Dubbers and the van being out of production for 14 odd years its not a race against time.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                                I'm sure he'll get there. With them aimed at Dubbers and the van being out of production for 14 odd years its not a race against time.
                                I believe so too .... that dogged determination befits a T4 driver - [emoji122]

Comment

Working...
                                X